“Armored vehicle that will continuously deploy troops on the battlefield.”
APC (Armored Personnel Carrier) is the sixth type of Troop from Factory to use for the player in DomiNations.
General Information[edit | edit source]
APC will deploy its common / unique Heavy Infantry troops depending on their nation and age (2 per surge). The Heavy Infantry level depends on APC Level, while the Boosts / Bonuses Hitpoints or DPS depend on your Barrack's Heavy Infantry Boosts received. After deploying 6 troops, it will only deploy more troops once the troops it has deployed previously have already been killed / terminated by the opponent (Can simply be described as an attack garrison).
In other words: A single APC can have a maximum of 6 Heavy Infantry on the battlefield. Further Infantry will only be deployed upon death of previously deployed units until there are 6 Heavy Infantry on the battlefield again. Without research the APC will 2 Heavy Infantry per wave, meaning it takes a total of 3 deployments to have all 6 soldiers on the battlefield. With research, this will be 3 Heavy Infantry per wave, requiring only 2 waves.
This quick deploymemt of troops makes it harder for defenders to kill the APC. The major advantage of the APC compared to 6 Heavy Infantry trained at the barracks is not just the additional damage from the APC, but the fact that the APC does not rely so much on a supply truck as fallen Heavy Infantry are simply replaced.
The fact that Heavy Infantry has very low range typically results in the Infantry being in front of the APC, which means Heavy Infantry will also save the APC from mines in most cases.
Heavy Infantry from APC lost during battle will not count towards lost troops.
Visuals[edit | edit source]
Statistics[edit | edit source]
Level Name Age Factory Level HP DPS RANGE Deployment Cooldown Deployments on battlefield Cost Upgrade Cost Upgrade Time XP Gain 1 APC Atomic Age 6 2,000 136 3 5s / 9s 2 troops / deployment (max: 6 troops / 3 deployments) 300 - - - 2 APC Mk.2 7 2,200 150 4s / 9s 345 200,000 12d 2,130 3 APC Mk.3 Cold War Age 8 2,530 172 3s / 9s 375 220,000 14d 2,220 4 APC Mk.4 9 2,783 190 2s / 9s 415 240,000 15d 2,305 5 APC Mk.5 Space Age 10 2,923 210 478 260,000 16d 2,305 6 APC Mk.6 11 3,300 260 550 270,000 17d 2,400 7 APC Mk.7 Digital Age 12 3,970? 345 650 280,000 18d 2,450 8 APC Mk.8 13 4,717? 402? 750 285,000 16d 3h? 2,500 9 APC Mk.9 Information Age 14 825
Boosts[edit | edit source]
- Chapter 1: +10% APC hitpoints
- Chapter 2: +20% APC attack
- Chapter 3: +10% APC hitpoints
- Chapter 4: Reduce APC troop deployment cooldown by 1 second
- Chapter 5: +1 troop per deployment from APC
- APC Hitpoints: +2% APC Hitpoints (10 levels)
- APC Upgrade Cost: Decreases the cost of upgrading APCs by 2% (10 levels).
- APC Upgrade Time: Decreases the time to upgrade APC troops by 3% (10 levels).
- APC Troop Damage: Increases the damage of troops deployed from the APC by 3%(10 levels).
- APC Troop Units: Increases the number of troops deployed from the APC by 1 (3 levels).
The Versailles wonder confers these bonuses to the APC:
- Hitpoint boost to both your attacking and defending troops: 10%
- The Heritage at the Library Chapter 1 increases the hitpoints bonus from +10% to +11%.
The Brandenburg Gate wonder confers these bonuses to the APC:
- Factory unit damage: +20%
- The Heritage at the Library Chapter 1 increases this factory damage bonus from +20% to +22%
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|