“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your troops do the damage. These unique French units have more hitpoints.”
The ARL-44 Tank is the level 9 French unique armo(u)red Heavy Cavalry troop unlocked in the Atomic Age. Its predecessor is the S-35 Tank. It's researched in a level 10 armory. It is the French version of the Main Battle Tank.
General Information Edit
- Like all heavy cavalry, ARL-44 Tanks are front runners among all troops, with a great deal of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop. For their strength in taking damage, they do sheer damage themselves and cannot win battles unless they are supported by stronger troops.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the ARL-44 Tank can be trained in 4 minutes and 40 seconds which is 70 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (5 minutes and 50 seconds).
- The ARL-44 Tank is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- The ARL-44 Tank has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- As a French unique unit, ARL-44 Tank tanks can inflict more damage and has more health than standard tanks.
Historical Description Edit
The Camouflage du Materiel were a group of French, anti-German engineers who worked on secret military designs in the callaborationist state of Vichy France. Their work stopped when the Germans occupied Vichy France in November 1942, but resumed under the pretense of inventing a tracked snow removal vehicle. After liberation, the French government wanted to restore its prestige and military power and decided to produce a new tank based on their designs. The result was the ARL-44. Due to the sever limitations of industry in postwar France, the tank did not enter production until 1949. By then it was outdated, and the French quickly replaced them with American M45 Pattons.
Despite the name being ARL-44, the In-game model shows the M36 "Jackson" instead
Attacking Strategies Edit
- ARL-44 Tanks have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- ARL-44 Tanks are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- Due to their high health, ARL-44 Tanks can be use as meat shields to protect infantry from the defenses.
- Anti-Tank Guns can destroy ARL-44 Tanks easily like all heavy cavalry. If you can, try swarming it with heavy infantry or ranged infantry to destroy it quick enough since the anti-tank gun is slow.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the City Center. In many bases, the City Center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of ARL-44 Tanks and a combat engineer. When attacking, deploy an engineer and wait until it destroys the necessary walls, then deploy all your ARL-44 Tanks in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your ARL-44 Tanks to destroy the City Center.
- ARL-44 Tanks would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the ARL-44 Tank, the ARL-44 Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the ARL-44 Tank distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry such as the Veteran SMG or Heavy Infantry such as Elite Infantry after deploying the ARL-44 Tanks to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- ARL-44 Tanks are a good alliance troop due to its high health, making it longer to kill them.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|