“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your troops do the damage. These unique French units have more hitpoints.”
ARL-44 Tank is a level 9 French unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked in Atomic Age. Its predecessor is S-35 Tank and can be upgraded to AMX-13 Tank. It's researched in a level 10 Armory. It is the French version of Main Battle Tank.
General Information Edit
- ARL-44 Tank is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the chevalier can be trained in 4 minutes and 40 seconds which is 70 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (5 minutes and 50 seconds).
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- It has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- As a French unique unit, it can inflict more damage and has more health than standard Heavy Cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
The Camouflage du Materiel were a group of French, anti-German engineers who worked on secret military designs in the callaborationist state of Vichy France. Their work stopped when the Germans occupied Vichy France in November 1942, but resumed under the pretense of inventing a tracked snow removal vehicle. After liberation, the French government wanted to restore its prestige and military power and decided to produce a new tank based on their designs. The result was the ARL-44. Due to the sever limitations of industry in postwar France, the tank did not enter production until 1949. By then it was outdated, and the French quickly replaced them with American M47 Pattons.
Despite the name being ARL-44, the In-game model shows the M36 "Jackson" instead
Attacking Strategies Edit
- ARL-44 Tank has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- ARL-44 Tank is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of ARL-44 Tank and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your ARL-44 Tank units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- ARL-44 Tank would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the ARL-44 Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- ARL-44 Tank is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- ARL-44 Tank units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|