“An Airstrip lets you build and house airplanes. Upgrade it to unlock new planes.”
Airstrip levels 1, 2, and 3 all add +1 plane capacity; and the Airstrip level determines the available plane upgrades in the Armory. For most, the primary Airstrip should be maxed, while the secondary Airstrip should remain at level 3.
Air Units are units that fly to enemy base to attack or deploy units at the tapped location, then fly back exiting the enemy base. After flying out of the battlefield, it can be used again (after certain cool down for certain units) if the units are not destroyed. Only some Defensive Buildings (Tower, Air Defense, Machine Gun (Building), Fort (Castle), S.A.M. Battery), are capable to damage these units. Air Units have seperate Unit Capacity to Barracks units or Factory units.
|Cold War Age|
|Level||Build Cost||Citizens Required||Upgrade Time||XP Gain||HP||Age Unlocked||One Airstrip Capacity||Max Capacity||Unit Available For Research|
|1||70,000||4||8d||3,495||2,500||Industrial Age||1(2)||1(2)||Fighter Plane|
|3||210,000||12d||4,365||4,675||Global Age||3(4)||3(4)||Transport Plane|
|5||250,000||14d||4,750||7,315||Cold War Age||-|
|7||270,000||16d 12h||5,000||11,200||Digital Age||Recon Plane|
- Chapter 3 : Increases Airstrip's Units capacity by 1.
- Chapter 3 : Reduce unit's training time by 10%
- The Ninety Nines: Increases Airstrip's Units capacity by 1.
The Pentagon wonder confers the following bonus to the Airstrip:
- Reduces Airstrip's Units training time by 20%.
Building Upgrade Resource Cost
- Level 9 : 5%
- Level 12 : 10%
- Level 15 : 15%
Airstrip Troop Training Time
- Level 8 : 10%
- Level 10 : 15%
- Level 14 : 20%
Base Financing: Army
- Reduce cost of Army building upgrades by 10,000 Oil (to a minimum of Free)
- Towers, Castles and Redoubts can attack Air Troops, along with Air Defenses and S.A.M. batteries.
- Because only one airstrip needs to be at the highest level to unlock all aircraft upgrades, the second airstrip never needs to be higher than level 3 for maximum capacity.
- Upgrading the Airstrip unlocks new plane upgrades; while upgrading the Armory building is not required to upgrade planes (e.g., an Atomic Age Armory can upgrade Digital Age planes if the base has one Digital Airstrip).
- The introduction of Space Age added a 2nd Airstrip, and made the 2nd Airstrip available at Atomic age.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|