“Greatest general in Greek history.”
Along with Cleopatra and Joan of Arc, Alexander is one of the three Generals unlocked when you first build the Castle in the Medieval Age. After level 21 these Generals will ride in tanks and have 3 range.
Historical Description Edit
"Alexander the Great (356-323 BCE) inherited the kingdom of Macedon from his father, Philip, at the age of twenty. After subduing Greece, he then embarked on the conquest of Persia, which led him through Asia Minor, North Africa, Asia, and into the Indian subcontinent.He was turned back at the river Beas in present-day Pakistan due to his army being homesick. Alexander was a master of combined-arms warfare, fixing the enemy in place with his phalanxes and then leading his brilliant 'Companion Cavalry' on daring flanking maneuvers against the pinned foe. By the time of his death at the age of 33, Alexander had created one of the largest empires in history."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Alexander the Great can tank up defensive damage and deal damage to enemy defenses/Troops.
- AVOID Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers, and Anti-Tank Guns with Alexander the Great. These defensive Buildings are designed to take out any Troop/General that has high hit-points.
- A good way to avoid the Cannon Towers is to rally straight back out of your clean path near Buildings, bringing your Troops back with your Generals to help escort him/her or for Alexander the Great to kill any Heavy Cavalry, foot Troops, or General stalking your Troops.
- Avoid rallying at 45 degree angles, since your Troops are defenseless until meeting the rally point, and it is very possible Cannon Towers, and Troops can kill Alexander the Great and your Troops if you pass by the defensive Buildings.
- If you are attacking without Tanks with your Troops, Alexander the Great can take up some of the damage, and is best used to take out Mortar fire. Beware not to rally your troops with Alexander the Great to a Mortar that can still hit your troops, since Alexander the Great will be the only one left alive.
|Level||Castle Lvl Required||HP||DPS||Damage vs Generals||Range||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade time||XP Gain|
- +10% HP from Library Leadership research
- +10% HP from Versailles wonder ( +11% with Library Heritage research )
- +30% HP from University leader Hannibal Barca
- +10% DPS from Library Leadership research
- +15% DPS against other generals from Library Leadership research ( means: 7 times DPS instead of 6 )
- -10% upgrade costs from Notre Dame ( -11% with Library Heritage research )
- -10% upgrade costs from University leader Suleiman the Magnificent
- -30% upgrade costs from University leader Hannibal Barca
- -30% upgrade time from University leader Hannibal Barca
- Various Museum item bonuses to HP and DPS
- Alexander was the cavalry commander at the age of eighteen
- Alexander became the king of the Corinthian League at twenty
- He conquered the Persian Empire at twenty-six
- Explorer of the Indian frontier at thirty
- Alexander the Great died before his thirty-third birthday
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|