“Two extra soldiers will pop out by surprise when an enemy reaches this trap.”
- The Ambush Trap is a Trap Type Defensive Structure that produces 2/3 troops (depending on the level) when an enemy gets too close.
- It's a one time use and has to be re-armed after you're attacked (if it was triggered during the attack).
- Research Deception chapter 3 at the Library to increase the amount of ambushers by 1.
- Level 1-4 is a hole in the ground with an circular or square lid, with a hoplite under it. Levels 5-7 is a hole in the ground again, with circular lids with gunmen inside, with a metal frame
- You can put the Ambush Trap in front of the Ballista/Cannon Tower so when enemy troops come near it such as Heavy Cavalry, the soldiers will distract the Heavy Cavalry, giving the Ballista/Cannon Tower more time to fire.
- You can also put it within the radius of Angkor Wat, combined with healing power, they would fight longer.
- It's also effective to put two or more next to each other so they distract the enemy longer.
||Amount of Ambushers
||Cold War Age
The Deception Technology at the Library confers the following bonuses to Ambush Trap:
- Chapter 3 : Increases the number of ambushers by 1
The Engineering Technology at the Library confers the following bonuses to Ambush Trap:
- Chapter 3 : Increases the number Ambush Trap by 1
Harriet Tubman at the University confers these bonuses to Traps:
- Traps upgrade Time: Decreases the time of upgrading Traps by 1% (10 levels).
- Traps upgrade Cost: Decreases the cost of upgrading Traps by 1% (10 levels).
Building Upgrade Resource Cost
- Level 9 : 5%
- Level 12 : 10%
- Level 15 : 15%
Base Financing: Defense
- Reduce cost of Defense building upgrades by 3,000 ~ 85,000 Food/Gold (to a minimum of Free)