The Archer is a level 4 standard Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Classical Age. Its predecessor is the Composite Bowman and it can be upgraded to the Crossbowman. It is upgraded in the level 4 blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Archers can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- Archers aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Archers are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Archers would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Archers would attack them.
Historical Description Edit
"Forming the ranged wing of medieval armies, Archers would carry composite bows and wear an iron helmet and leather or scale vest. The primary drawback is that it is a long and difficult process to train an archer, making them expensive to replace when they get run over by a mass of charging cavalry."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Archers have low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use heavy infantry such as phalanxes as meat shields to protect the Archer.
- Archers are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Archers to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Archers can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|