“These siege units fire shots from a distance, dealing good damage to enemy buildings. They're completely defenseless against enemy troops though, so escort them with archers and other troops.”
- Ballista can do efficient damage on buildings from a distance. They attack the building that is closest to them.
- Ballista only targets buildings, not enemy troops, making them vulnerable and defenseless.
Historical Description Edit
Developed from earlier Greek weapons, it relied upon different mechanics, using two levers with torsion springs instead of a prod (the bow part of a modern crossbow), the springs consisting of several loops of twisted skeins. Early versions projected heavy darts or spherical stone projectiles of various sizes for siege warfare. It developed into a smaller sniper weapon, the scorpio, and possibly the polybolos.
Similar to Ballista used by Romans in sieges such as Alesia. The powerful tension cord can fire projectiles for great distances, useful in sieges.
- Chivalry is a Level 2 Technology increases Ballista attack by 10%.
- Ballistics is a Level 3 Technology decreases Siege troop space by 1 and increase attack speed by 10%.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Since Ballista are defenseless against enemy troops, use troops such as Ranged Infantry to defend them.
- Use Heavy Infantry and Heavy Cavalry to help cover the Ballista from defensive buildings.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Ballista are efficient alliance troops that can help defend Town Centers. Their high damage can take out Generals and other strong units such as Heavy Cavalry. Ballista can also take out a large amount of infantry if they are clumped together. Ballista are also ranged so they can shoot over walls against enemy troops without being attacked by melee units such as Heavy Infantry. This makes Ballista the number one donated war troop for defense.
- Use the Angkor Wat to heal them as they attack enemy troops. That way, they can last longer as they are being attacked.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|