“These siege units fire shots from a distance, dealing good damage to enemy buildings. They're completely defenseless against enemy troops though, so escort them with archers and other troops.”
General Information[edit | edit source]
- Bombards can do efficient damage on buildings from a distance. They attack the building that is closest to them.
- Bombards only targets buildings, not enemy troops, making them vulnerable and defenseless.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
The Bombard is a primitive cannon used to fire stone projectiles at enemy positions. Invented in China around the 12th century, it reached Europe perhaps 200 years later. The bombard 'Mons Meg' was constructed by the Duke of Burgundy in 1449 and given as a gift to King James II of Scotland. It saw use for over 200 years before its barrel exploded. With a caliber of 20 inches, Mons Meg was one of the largest cannons in history.
Boosts[edit | edit source]
- Chivalry is a Level 2 Technology increases Ranged Siege attack by 10%.
- Ballistics is a Level 3 Technology decreases Siege troop space by 1 and increase attack speed by 10%.
Attacking Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Since Bombards are defenseless against enemy troops, use troops such as Ranged Infantry to defend them.
- Use Heavy Infantry and Heavy Cavalry to help cover the Bombards from defensive buildings.
Defensive Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Bombards are efficient alliance troops that can help defend Town Centers. Their high damage can take out Generals and other strong units such as Heavy Cavalry. Bombards can also take a large amount of infantry if they are clumped together. Bombards are also ranged so they can shoot over walls against enemy troops without being attacked by melee units such as Heavy Infantry. This makes Bombards the number one donated war troop for defense.
- Use the Angkor Wat to heal them as they attack enemy troops. That way, they can last longer as they are being attacked.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|