“While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops.”
Bowman is the level 2 standard Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in Bronze Age. Its predecessor is Slinger and can be upgraded to Composite Bowman, Chu Ko Nu, Longbowman, or Hwarang. It is upgraded in the level 2 Blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Bowman can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly, as they have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry.
- Bowman aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Bowman are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Bowman would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Bowman would attack them.
Archery has been around for at least 12,000 years, and probably much longer. The ancient Egyptians used bows and arrows as far back as the Predynastic period, and other elder countries like China and India employed them from the earliest periods of their history. Until the advent of gunpowder, Bowmen were the primary troops on the battlefield. Their speed, stopping power, and range far outperformed spears, javelins, and of course the lowly sling.
- Bowman has low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use Heavy Infantry as meat shields to protect the Bowman.
- Bowman is cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Bowman to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your Heavy Infantry won't get distracted.
- Since Bowman can deal more damage to foot troops, bringing some along with Heavy Infantry and/or Heavy Cavalry will help deal with pesky defending foot troops!
- Make sure to keep the Bowman behind your 'meat shields' or away from danger.
- Bowman can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other Heavy Infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|