Buildings are structures in DomiNations that can do many functions that help the player and is one of the backbones of the game. There are six types of buildings; Economic, Military, Defensive, Wonders, Other, and Miscellaneous. Each type are used for specific purposes that can help players conquer the world.
- 1 Economic Buildings
- 2 Defensive Buildings
- 3 Military Buildings
- 4 Wonders
- 5 Other Buildings
- 6 Event Buildings
- 7 Miscellaneous
Economic Buildings help create the infrastructure of the city and creates and stores resources.
- Caravan - A moving unit that produces Gold and temporary stores it before collected. At the start of the battle, each of them will drop a pile of gold and than hides at the town center. These piles are needed to be attacked.
- Farm - A building that produces Food and temporary stores it before collected.
- Oil Well - A building that produces Oil and temporary stores it before collected.
- Market - A building that stores Gold collected.
- Mill - A building that stores Food collected.
- Oil Refinery - A building that stores Oil collected.
- Storehouse - A building that stores Trade Goods and National Trade Goods collected. Only Trade Goods can be looted.
Other Economic Buildings
- Archive - A building that allow you using Manuals and Speed Ups
- House - A building that increases citizen population by 2.
- Estate - A building that increases citizen population by 3, but must be purchased with real money; cannot be bought with in-game currency.
- Library - A building used for researching Technologies and boosts.
- Temple - A building that players can get Blessings from for a limited amount of time.
- University - A building where players can research Great Leaders to help their town and military for a price of a few citizens and some Food, Gold or Oil
- Vault - A building that stores resources so enemies can't steal them from you.
Non Destructible Resource Buildings
These structures can't be attacked. They support your base by generating resources.
- Fruit Tree - A building that produces Food and Cider. They can be collected every 1-2 hours(varies by age).
- Gold Mine - A building that produces Gold and Metal. They can be collected every 1-2 hours(varies by age).
- Road - A route that produces Gold. More Gold is produced if more buildings are connected to it.
Defensive buildings, like the name says, help defend the city from invaders.
These structures are static defenses, that attack enemy units within range by shooting projectile. Destroying all of these, as well as some other defenses, are needed to have your surviving troops back after battle. They are one of primary targets of Commandos, and they can't attack Commandos and Commandos Type Troop Tactics (such as Ninja or Shinobi) and Spy Troop Tactics.
- Air Defense - A building that attacks enemy aircraft.
- Ballista Tower / Cannon Tower / Anti-Tank Gun - A building that fire powerful shots and are good against enemy Heavy Cavalry, Heavy Tanks and Generals.
- Catapult / Mortar - A long-ranged building that does splash damage.
- Missile Silo - A structure that launches powerful missiles against powerful invading armies.
- Parliament - A building used for researching Alliance-Technologies. Parliamentary Defenses laws will upgrade this building to attack enemy units.
- Redoubt / Machine Gun - A short-ranged building that does splash damage.
- Sniper Tower - A building that has supreme long range and target the furthest invaders.
- Tower - A building with Ranged Infantry on top that shoot invaders in its range.
These structures will produce defenders that target enemy unit within the structures range. The structures only produce defenders while there is enemy within the range, but the defenders, once their first target destroyed, they might travel to the other side of the bases to find the closest target within the bases. Destroying all of these structures (not the defenders), as well as some other defenses, are needed to have your surviving troops back after battle. They are one of primary targets of Commandos, and they won't spawn Defenders against Airborne Troops coming out of Transports.
- Bunker - A building that produces Heavy Tanks against invaders.
- Garrison - A building that produces Heavy Infantry against invaders.
- Rocket Arsenal - A defensive building that spawns Rocket Infantry on defense.
- Stable / Tank Depot - A building that produces Heavy Cavalry against invaders.
These structures, when defending, keep your other important structures away from most direct hits, and limit enemy movement. Attacking them are not needed to gain more destruction percentage. Destroying all of them are also not needed to have your surviving troops back after battle. The attacking units AI will try try to avoid attacking them if there is other close route to their target.
- Gate - A structure that allows defenders to move through walls to attack invaders.
- Wall - A structure to keep the enemy out of the city.
- Bastion - A formidable blockade that help to keep enemies out. When a Bastion is destroyed, Rubble appears and slows invaders that enter its area of effect.
These structures, when defending, will trigger defenses if enemy units within range. They can't be attacked, only disarmed by certain units or ability. They are not needed be disarmed or triggered, to gain more destruction percentage. Destroying all of them are also not needed to have your surviving troops back after battle. They can't be triggered by Commandos or Commandos Type Troop Tactics.
- Ambush Trap - A trap that surprises invaders with Heavy Infantry.
- Armored Ambush Trap - A trap that surprises invaders with an Assault Fighting Vehicle.
- Caltrops / Barbed Wire - A trap that slows down invaders.
- Claymore - A trap that damages all enemies in a large cone in whatever direction they are first triggered.
- Decoy Trap - A trap that draws the attacker’s fire to this phony target.
- GCI Radar - A trap that summons an Interceptor Airplane to fire an air-to-air missile at an enemy aircraft unit when it enters within the detection radius of this trap.
- Spike Trap / Land Mine - A trap that surprises invaders with spikes and do large damage against units.
- S.A.M. Battery - A trap that surprises enemy aircraft with missiles.
- Signal Flare - A trap that alerts defending troops and instantly spawn a bonus wave of temporarily boosted defenders from all nearby Garrisons, Stables, and Bunkers.
Military buildings produce Troops for armies.
- Airstrip - A building that produces aircraft.
- Blacksmith / Armory - A building that upgrades Troops.
- Barracks - A building that produces Food-based Troops.
- Castle / Fort - A building that produces Generals. This buildings also classified as Tower-Type Defensive Buildings.
- Command Post - A building that stores war loot as well as producing unique units on defense.
- Factory - A building that produces Oil-based troops.
- Mercenary Camp - A building that buys powerful Mercenary using Trade Goods.
- Stronghold - A building that manages Troop Tactics. This buildings also classified as Tower-Type Defensive Buildings.
- War Academy - A building that produces Tactics.
Within these category, only Castle/Fort and Stronghold must be destroyed to have surviving units back to base. And only Command Post can store and be looted for resources.
Main Article: Wonders
Wonders give boosts, advantages, and bonuses to help players collect, defend, build, and attack more efficiently. You can only pick one wonder out of a select group per age.
Within this category, only Colosseum are considered defenders spawning building and must be destroyed to have surviving troops back to base. And only Forbidden City acts as the second City Center.
Other Buildings do not affiliate with any other category.
- Alliance Gate - A building where players can join alliances and have donated alliance troops stored.
- Crown Dock - is a second shipyard that allows you to buy a Crown Pass.
- Embassy - A building that let's you buy Coalitions with National Trade Goods that help during World Wars.
- Marco Polo / Travelling Merchant - A building that periodically visits your town and offers you his wares.
- Museum - A building that allows you to repair and expose artifacts that enhance your city.
- Shipyard - Lets you send citizens on Expeditions for great rewards!
- Town Center / City Center - A building where players can advance into the next age.
Note: Except the Town Center / City Center, all the other buildings in this particular category are built at the fixed locations outside the base, and can't be attacked in the battle. Of these, only the Crown Dock and Marco Polo tents do not need to be built nor upgraded.
The buildings available are stored in inventory. If you want to replace an existing same type of Buildings, you can tap destroy button on existing buildings. The existing Buildings will be destroyed, no matter how much time left it have, without any resource refunded. Only Event Buildings have this button.
As 7.1 update, the game allows you to have up to 3 of these Limited Time Buildings placed at once, one of each type of buildings. There are 3 types of buildings: Offensive, Defensive and Special.
Offensive Type Event Buildings
Mostly train certain type of troops / units to be used when attacking others. Some buildings have additional function as certain type Defensive Buildings.
|Barracks-Factory Unit Type||Airstrip Unit Type||Other Type|
|Regular||+ Tower Type Defensive||+ Defenders Spawning|
|Mercenary Unit Type
Defensive Type Event Buildings
These Buildings defend base from when attacked.
Defenders Spawning Buildings
Tower Type Defensive Buildings
- Bazooka Sentry
- Bazooka Tower
- Livens Flame Projector
- Strategic Petroleum Reserve
- Fortified Strongpoint
Special Type Event Buildings
Buildings with special function. Mostly to help the base development and Troop Tactics supplier.
General Unit Type
Blessing Enhancement + Barrack Unit Training + Defender Spawning Buildings
Troop Tactics Producing Buildings
Miscellaneous things that are only kind of buildings.
- Pile of Sticks
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|