“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!”
Bundeswehr is the level 11 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Atomic Age. Its predecessor is the Volksgrenadier and can be upgraded to Heavy Bundeswehr. It is researched in a level 10 Armory. It replaces Elite Infantry.
General Information Edit
- Bundeswehr can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Bundeswehr would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Bundeswehr can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Bundeswehr is weak against other infantry.
- As a German unique unit, The Bundeswehr have 20% more damage than standard Heavy Infantry.
Historical Description Edit
After World War II, Germany was divided into British, French, American, and Soviet occupied zones. These later became the basis for the NATO-aligned West Germany and the Communist East Germany. Initially, Soviet and Western forces provided security within their own occupied zones. However, as in Japan, tensions led to the creation of local armed forces in the 1950s; the West German Bundeswehr and the East German Nationale Volksarmee. Though neither army saw significant combat, for the duration of the Cold War they stood along the Iron Curtain, ready to fight on the front lines of a potentially apocalyptic Third World War.
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Bundeswehr means "Federal Defense" in German.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|