“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Japanese soldiers deal more damage.”
Bushi is a level 4 Japanese unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Iron Age. Its predecessor is the Soldier and can be upgraded to the Samurai. It is researched in a level 3 Blacksmith. It replaces the Hoplite.
General Information Edit
- Bushi can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Bushi would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Bushi can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Bushi is weak against other infantry.
- As a Japanese unique unit, bushi has 20% more damage than the standard Heavy Infantry they replace.
Historical Description Edit
'Bushi' is an early term for 'samurai,' the warrior class who served the Japanese nobility. Japanese emperors attempted to create a warrior class as early as the 7th century CE. The first Bushi were equipped with straight swords, but by the 900s the traditional slightly curved blades, or 'katana,' appeared. Many Bushi also carried spears, particularly when engaged in mass combat.
The Bushi (武士 in Japanese) wears an Asian conical hat, a beige robe and vest, grey belt, brown pants, and sandals. He is holding a katana which is a curved sword.
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Bushi is an early term for Samurai.
- Bushido, the name of the warrior code that ruled japan´s warfare until the 19th Century, comes from Bushi.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|