“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Roman soldiers has more health.”
Caesar's Legion is a level 6 Romans unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Medieval Age. Its predecessor is the Heavy Legion and can be upgraded to Praetorian Guard. It is upgraded in a level 5 Blacksmith and replaces the Pikeman.
General Information Edit
- Caesar's Legion can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Caesar's Legion would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Caesar's Legion can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Caesar's Legion is weak against other infantry.
- As a Roman unique unit, Caesar's Legion has 25% more health than the standard Heavy Infantry they replace.
Julius Caesar's famed 9th Spanish Legion ('Legio IX Hispania') fought with Caesar throughout Europe and Africa. After Caesar's death, Octavian led them against the rebel Sextus Pompeius and then against Mark Antony. This elite unit was eventually stationed in Britain, fighting against the uprising of the Celtic warrior queen Boudica. Eventually, the legion simply vanished from the records, possibly annihilated during an incursion into Scotland.Their disappearance remains one of military history's greatest mysteries.
The Caesar's Legion is wearing a gold rimmed set of Lorica Segmentata, or Roman segmented plate armor. He also carries a Scutum (shield) and a spear, either a Pilum (Javelin) or a Hasta (Spear).
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- The historical Legio IX Hispana disappeared from all records in AD 120, 356 years prior to the beginning of the middle ages in AD 476.
- By the time of the middle Ages (5th - 15th) Century, these troops would have been obsolete.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|