The Caesar's Legion is a level 6 Roman unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Medieval Age. It's predecessor is the Heavy Legion. It can be upgraded to become an Praetorian Guard. It is upgraded in a level 5 blacksmith and replaces the pikeman.
- Caesar's Legions can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Caesar's Legions would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Caesar's Legions can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as catapults.
- Caesar's Legions are weak against other infantry.
- As a Roman unique unit, Caesar's Legions has 25% more health than the standard pikemen they replace.
"Julius Caesar's famed 9th Spanish Legion ('Legio IX Hispania') fought with Caesar throughout Europe and Africa. After Caesar's death, Octavian led them against the rebel Sextus Pompeius and then against Mark Antony. This elite unit was eventually stationed in Britain, fighting against the uprising of the Celtic warrior queen Boudica. Eventually, the legion simply vanished from the records, possibly annihilated during an incursion into Scotland.Their disappearance remains one of military history's greatest mysteries."
The Caesar's Legion is wearing a gold rimmed set of Lorica Segmentata, or Roman segmented plate armor. He also carries a Scutum (shield) and a spear, either a Pilum (Javelin) or a Hasta (Spear).
- If used in large groups; Caesar's Legions can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Catapults are devastating against Caesar's Legions and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your Caesar's Legions around so the catapult would have to hit each Caesar's Legions to kill it and that its impact would not affect other Caesar's Legions as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Use ranged infantry such as crossbowmen to support Caesar's Legions.
- Caesar's Legions can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as crossbowmen from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The historical Legio IX Hispana disappeared from all records in AD 120, 356 years prior to the beginning of the middle ages in AD 476.
- By the time of the middle Ages (5th - 15th) Century, these troops would have been obsolete.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|