“These siege units fire shots from a distance, dealing good damage to enemy buildings. They're completely defenseless against enemy troops though, so escort them with archers and other troops.”
General Information[edit | edit source]
- Cannons can do efficient damage on buildings from a distance. They attack the building that is closest to them.
- Cannons only targets buildings, not enemy troops, making them vulnerable and defenseless.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
Cannon are constructed using advanced metallurgy technology, allowing them to be smaller but more reliable than the elder bombards. Using solid metal (or explosive) shot they can bring down a castle from a great distance. In fact the cannon rendered castles obsolete, to be replaced by fortresses with low, angled walls which would deflect the shells up rather than try to withstand their force.
Boosts[edit | edit source]
- Chivalry is a Level 2 Technology increases Ranged Siege attack by 10%.
- Ballistics is a Level 3 Technology decreases Siege troop space by 1 and increase attack speed by 10%.
Attacking Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Since Cannons are defenseless against enemy troops, use troops such as Ranged Infantry to defend them.
- Use Heavy Infantry and Heavy Cavalry to help cover the Cannons from defensive buildings.
Defensive Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Cannons are efficient alliance troops that can help defend Town Centers. Their high damage can take out Generals and other strong units such as Heavy Cavalry. Cannons can also take a large amount of infantry if they are clumped together. Cannons are also ranged so they can shoot over walls against enemy troops without being attacked by melee units such as Heavy Infantry. This makes Cannons the number one donated war troop for defense.
- Use the Angkor Wat to heal them as they attack enemy troops. That way, they can last longer as they are being attacked.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|