“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage.”
The Centaur Tank is the level 9 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked at the Atomic Age and replaces the Main Battle Tank. Its predecessor is the Hellenic Tank. It is researched in a level 10 armory.
General Information Edit
- Centaur Tank are front runners among all troops, with a great deal of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop. For their strength in taking damage, they do sheer damage themselves and cannot win battles unless they are supported by stronger troops.
- As a Greek unique unit, the Centaur Tank has 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- The Centaur Tank is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
As the A15 Crusader Tank rolled out in 1940, the British understood they would need a replacement at some point during the war and therefore commissioned new designs. The result were the Cromwell and Centaur tanks. The Cromwell was a successful model and first saw action during the Battle of Normandy. While similar in most respects, the Centaur suffered from an underpowered engine and served primarily as a training vehicle in the British army. After the war, many Centaurs were donated to the Greek military and formed the basis of their first armored corps. Centaurs remained in Greek service through the 1950s.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Centaur Tanks have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Centaur Tanks are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- Due to their high health, Centaur Tanks can be use as meat shields to protect infantry from the defenses.
- Anti-Tank Guns can destroy Centaur Tanks easily like all Heavy Cavalry. If you can, try swarming it with heavy infantry or ranged infantry to destroy it quick enough since the anti-tank gun is slow.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the City Center. In many bases, the City Center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Centaur and an Veteran Combat Engineer. When attacking, deploy a Veteran Combat Engineer and wait until it destroys the necessary walls, then deploy all your Centaur Tanks in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your Centaur Tanks to destroy the City Center.
- Centaur Tanks would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the Centaur Tank, the Centaur Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the Centaur Tank distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry such as Veteran SMG or Heavy Infantry such as Elite Infantry after deploying the Centaur Tank to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- Centaur Tanks are a good alliance troop due to its high health, making it longer to kill them.
- Although the Centaur Tank existed in real life as a British tank and it served in the Greek Army, the image shown for the Centaur Tank in DomiNations is a T-54.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|