“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage. These unique Greek units have more hitpoints and do more damage.”
Centaur Tank is a level 9 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked in Atomic Age. Its predecessor is Hellenic Tank and can be upgraded to Leopard-Panzer. It is researched in level 10 Armory. It replaces the Main Battle Tank.
General Information Edit
- Centaur Tank is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- As a Greek unique unit, it has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
As the A15 Crusader Tank rolled out in 1940, the British understood they would need a replacement at some point during the war and therefore commissioned new designs. The result were the Cromwell and Centaur tanks. The Cromwell was a successful model and first saw action during the Battle of Normandy. While similar in most respects, the Centaur suffered from an underpowered engine and served primarily as a training vehicle in the British army. After the war, many Centaurs were donated to the Greek military and formed the basis of their first armored corps. Centaurs remained in Greek service through the 1950s.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Centaur Tank has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Centaur Tank is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Centaur Tank and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Centaur Tank units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Centaur Tank would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Centaur Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Centaur Tank is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Centaur Tank units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- Although the Centaur Tank existed in real life as a British tank and it served in the Greek Army, the image shown for the Centaur Tank in DomiNations is a T-54.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|