“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your troops do the damage. These unique French units have more hitpoints.”
General Information Edit
- Chevalier is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the chevalier can be trained in 2 minutes and 48 seconds which is 42 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (3 minutes and 30 seconds).
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- As a French unique unit, it can inflict more damage and has more health than standard Heavy Cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
'Chevalier' is French for 'chivalrous person,' or 'knight.' This would be a member of the nobility wealthy enough to own a horse and armor, sworn to serve his feudal master in battle. The lowest rank of chevalier would be composed of the second sons of lesser lords who were unlikely to inherit property and thus had to seek their fortunes in war. Most chevaliers would be armed with lances or heavy spears and wear chain mail or heavier. They'd be more than a match for any uppity peasants in the neighborhood, not to mention enemy infantry.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Chevalier has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Chevalier is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Chevalier and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Chevalier units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Chevalier would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Chevalier will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Chevalier is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Chevalier units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- However, they take up 6 space in the alliance gate so it cannot be used in a level 1 Alliance Gate in the Iron Age (which can only hold 3 spaces) until it is upgraded to level 2 which is available in the Classical Age.
- Chevaliers were created in the Medieval Age; not in the Iron Age. The people in Gaul (present-day France) did not have advanced cavalry back then and mostly relied on infantry.
- Chevalier is French for Knight, and comes from cheval, "horse". French language did not exist back in the Iron Age.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|