“While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique Chinese troops have faster rate of fire!”
Chu Ko Nu is a level 3 Chinese unique Ranged Infantry unit, unlocked in Iron Age. Its predecessor is Bowman and can be upgraded to Elite Chu Ko Nu. This unit replaces Composite Bowman. It is upgraded in level 3 Blacksmith.
General Information Edit
- Like all ranged infantry, Chu Ko Nu can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly, as they have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry.
- Chu Ko Nu aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Chu Ko Nu are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Chu Ko Nu would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Chu Ko Nu would attack them.
- As a Chinese unique unit, Chu Ko Nu has twice firing speed but lower damage per shot than regular Ranged Infantry.
Dating back to the 4th century BCE, the Chu Ko Nu is an ingenious repeating crossbow used by Chinese warriors. With one simple pull of a lever, the soldier would pull back the string, drop a bolt into place from an overhead magazine, and then fire the weapon. A trained warrior could put 10 bolts into flight in twenty seconds. (This would empty the magazine.) The bolts were lighter than other crossbow missiles and unable to punch through heavy armor, but the rate of fire was remarkable.
Chu ko nu carries Repeating crossbow also known as the Zhuge crossbow.The Chinese repeating crossbow had a maximum range of 120 meters, with an effective range of 80 meters (260 ft).
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Chu Ko Nu has low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use Heavy Infantry as meat shields to protect the Chu Ko Nu.
- Chu Ko Nu is cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Chu Ko Nu to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your Heavy Infantry won't get distracted.
- Since Chu Ko Nu can deal more damage to foot troops, bringing some along with Heavy Infantry and/or Heavy Cavalry will help deal with pesky defending foot troops!
- Make sure to keep the Chu Ko Nu behind your 'meat shields' or away from danger.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Chu Ko Nu can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other Heavy Infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|