“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage. These unique Greek units have more hitpoints and do more damage.”
General Information Edit
- Companion is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- As a Greek unique unit, it has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
The Companions were the elite cavalry of the Macedonian army from the time of King Philip II of Macedon, and have been regarded as the best cavalry in the ancient world and the first ever shock cavalry.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Companion has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Companion is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Companion and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Companion units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Companion would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Companion will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Companion is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Companion units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- However, they take up 6 space in the alliance gate so it cannot be used in a level 1 Alliance Gate in the Iron Age (which can only hold 3 spaces) until it is upgraded to level 2 which is available in the Classical Age.
- Historically, Companions wore Boeotian helmets rather than the Galea helmet (a Roman helmet) they wear in the game. They also wore a bronze muscle cuirass, linothorax (linen upper body armor), and shoulder guards, rather than going shirtless, which would've posed a significant risk for the rider.
- Historically, Companions didn't use shields.
- The shield they carry has a lambda sign (which represented Sparta), stamped on it. Historically though, Sparta didn't use cavalry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|