“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage.”
The Medium Mark A Whippet Companion Tank is the level 6 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked at the Industrial Age and replaces the tank. Its predecessor is the Stradioti, and it can be upgraded to the ELAS Tank. It is researched in a level 8 blacksmith.
General Information Edit
- Companion Tanks are front runners among all troops, with a great deal of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop. For their strength in taking damage, they do sheer damage themselves and cannot win battles unless they are supported by stronger troops.
- As a Greek unique unit, the Companion Tank has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- The Companion Tank is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
From its earliest triumphs under Alexander the Great, Greeks warriors have known of the importance of mobility in combat. Hence the creation of "Companion Tanks", powerful units able to quickly reach the enemies most vulnerable spot and strike with decisive force.
It has a small 2-pounder anti-tank cannon as main gun, riveted metal armor, caterpillar wheels at the sides, and a Hotchkiss machine gun at the side of the main gun in the turret.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Companion Tanks have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Companion Tanks are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- Due to their high health, Companion Tanks can be use as meat shields to protect infantry from the defenses.
- Anti-Tank Guns can destroy Companion Tanks easily like all heavy cavalry. If you can, try swarming it with heavy infantry or ranged infantry to destroy it quick enough since the anti-tank gun is slow.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Companion Tanks and an engineer. When attacking, deploy an engineer and wait until it destroys the necessary walls, then deploy all your Companion Tanks in the areas which the Town Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your Companion Tanks to destroy the Town Center.
- Companion Tanks would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the Companion Tank, the Companion Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the Companion Tank distracted. Try to use and deploy ranged infantry such as riflemen or heavy infantry such as shock infantry after deploying the Companion Tanks to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Companion Tanks are a good alliance troop due to its high health, making it longer to kill them.
- The Medium Mark A Whippet is actually a British tank. This is due to the lack of tanks used by the Greeks so Big Huge Games had to borrow a tank design to create the Companion Tank.
- At level 21+, Cleopatra's tank is almost identical to the Companion Tank.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|