“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage. These unique Greek units have more hitpoints and do more damage.”
Medium Mark A Whippet Companion Tank is a level 6 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked in Industrial Age. Its predecessor is Stradioti and can be upgraded to ELAS Tank. It is researched in a level 8 Armory. It replaces Tank.
General Information Edit
- Companion Tank is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- As a Greek unique unit, it has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
From its earliest triumphs under Alexander the Great, Greeks warriors have known of the importance of mobility in combat. Hence the creation of "Companion Tanks", powerful units able to quickly reach the enemies most vulnerable spot and strike with decisive force.
It has a small 2-pounder anti-tank cannon as main gun, riveted metal armor, caterpillar wheels at the sides, and a Hotchkiss machine gun at the side of the main gun in the turret.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Companion Tank has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Companion Tank is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Companion Tank and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Companion Tank units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Companion Tank would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Companion Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Companion Tank is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Companion Tank units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- The Medium Mark A Whippet is actually a British tank. This is due to the lack of tanks used by the Greeks so Big Huge Games had to borrow a tank design to create the Companion Tank.
- At level 21+, Cleopatra's tank is almost identical to the Companion Tank.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|