The Crossbowman is a level 5 standard Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in the Medieval Age. Its predecessor is the Archer and it can be upgraded to the Arquebusier. It is upgraded in the level 5 blacksmith.
- Like all ranged infantry, Crossbowmen can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly. They have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry than other type of unit.
- Crossbowmen aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Crossbowmen are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Crossbowmen would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Crossbowmen would attack them.
"Crossbowmen are armed with (not surprisingly) crossbows, mechanical weapons that allow the wielder to draw back the string and then fire it by pulling a trigger. Crossbows are slower than bows and at best have similar range, but they are far easier to aim and fire, which is why most armies switched over when they became available."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Crossbowmen are cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Crossbowmen to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your heavy infantry won't get distracted.
- Crossbowmen are extremely weak to heavy defenses, such as the catapult. Use heavy cavalry or pikemen to distract them while the crossbowmen get rid of garrison defenders.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Crossbowmen can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other heavy infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|