“While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops.”
General Information Edit
- Like all ranged infantry, Crossbowman can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly, as they have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry.
- Crossbowman aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Crossbowman are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Crossbowman would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Crossbowman would attack them.
Crossbowmen are armed with (not surprisingly) crossbows, mechanical weapons that allow the wielder to draw back the string and then fire it by pulling a trigger. Crossbows are slower than bows and at best have similar range, but they are far easier to aim and fire, which is why most armies switched over when they became available.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Crossbowman has low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use Heavy Infantry as meat shields to protect the Crossbowman.
- Crossbowman is cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Crossbowman to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your Heavy Infantry won't get distracted.
- Since Crossbowman can deal more damage to foot troops, bringing some along with Heavy Infantry and/or Heavy Cavalry will help deal with pesky defending foot troops!
- Make sure to keep the Crossbowman behind your 'meat shields' or away from danger.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Crossbowman can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other Heavy Infantry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|