“These raiders go straight for enemy resources and deal 4x damage against them.”
General Information[edit | edit source]
- Desert Patrol Raiders are good against resource buildings; doing up to 400% more damage.
- Desert Patrol Raiders would attack the closest resource building but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Desert Patrol Raiders are weak against defensive buildings.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
The first U.S. forces to enter the liberated Kuwait City during Operation Desert Storm were Navy SEALs riding on Chenowth Scorpion Desert Patrol Vehicles. The DPV is a military version of a sand rail, a type of vehicle similar to a dune buggy. It was based on the Fast Attack Vehicle or FAV developed the 1980s. As indicated by the 'Desert' part of its name, the DPV was specifically built for offroad use in sandy environments.
The crew consists of a driver and assistant gunner in front plus a gunner/commander seated in an elevated rear position. Several armaments can be mounted such as machine guns, grenade launchers, and anti-tank missiles. The DPV's speed and maneuverability make it perfect for reconnaissance missions. It is also small enough to be sling-loaded on a CH-47 or CH-53 transport copter. U.S. special forces are thought operated DPVS in Iraq and Afghanistan, but these have largely been replaced by the newer Light Strike Vehicle.
Visuals[edit | edit source]
Attacking Strategies[edit | edit source]
- If a base has full resource producers such as the farm or caravans, use Desert Patrol Raiders against them so you can reap all of its resources.
- If resource storage buildings such as the mill or market has a lot of loot, try bring in an army composition of Desert Patrol Raiders and recall them to destroy them.
- Surprisingly, Desert Patrol Raiders are strong against enemy infantry and can hold up a lot until they fall.
- When battle commenced, an army's Desert Patrol Raiders might be used in a flanking maneuver to seek out enemy stores and loot them.
Defensive Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Desert Patrol Raiders make good alliance troops. When the enemy spawns troops and the heavy horse raiders will rush to the scene to deal with them. They have a lot of hitpoints and thus; it will fall when there are too many enemies to deal with.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|