“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage.”
The Matilda II ELAS / Greek People's Liberation Army Tank is the level 7 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked at the Global Age and replaces the Medium Tank. Its predecessor is the Companion Tank and it is succeeded by the Hellenic Tank. It is researched in a level 9 armory.
General Information Edit
- ELAS Tank are front runners among all troops, with a great deal of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop. For their strength in taking damage, they do sheer damage themselves and cannot win battles unless they are supported by stronger troops.
- As a Greek unique unit, the ELAS Tank has 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- The ELAS Tank is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
After the battle of Crete and the Axis occupation of most of Greece, the Greek Communist Party called for a national resistance movement. This movement would became the birth of the Greek People's Liberation Army (ELAS). While ELAS mainly specialized in using small forces of guerrilla fighters, it also leveraged tanks, such as the British Matilda tank, in order to combat the German, Italian and Bulgarian occupants.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- ELAS Tanks have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- ELAS Tanks are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- Due to their high health, ELAS Tanks can be use as meat shields to protect infantry from the defenses.
- Anti-Tank Guns can destroy ELAS Tanks easily like all heavy cavalry. If you can, try swarming it with heavy infantry or ranged infantry to destroy it quick enough since the anti-tank gun is slow.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the City Center. In many bases, the City Center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of ELAS and an Combat Engineer. When attacking, deploy a combat engineer and wait until it destroys the necessary walls, then deploy all your ELAS Tanks in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your ELAS Tanks to destroy the City Center.
- ELAS Tanks would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the ELAS Tank, the ELAS Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the ELAS Tank distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry such as Submachine Guns or Heavy Infantry such as Assault Infantry after deploying the ELAS Tank to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategy Edit
- ELAS Tanks are a good alliance troop due to its high health, making it longer to kill them.
- The ELAS Tank is actually a British tank - Matilda. This is due to the lack of tanks used by the Greeks so Big Huge Games had to borrow a tank design to create the ELAS Tank.
- ELAS is an abbreviation for Ellinikós Laïkós Apeleftherotikós Stratós which is Greek for Greek People's Liberation Army.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|