“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage. These unique Greek units have more hitpoints and do more damage.”
Matilda II ELAS / Greek People's Liberation Army Tank is a level 7 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked in Global Age. Its predecessor is Companion Tank and can be upgraded to Hellenic Tank. It is researched in level 9 Armory. It replaces Medium Tank.
General Information[edit source]
- ELAS Tank is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- As a Greek unique unit, it has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
After the battle of Crete and the Axis occupation of most of Greece, the Greek Communist Party called for a national resistance movement. This movement would became the birth of the Greek People's Liberation Army (ELAS). While ELAS mainly specialized in using small forces of guerrilla fighters, it also leveraged tanks, such as the British Matilda tank, in order to combat the German, Italian and Bulgarian occupants.
Attacking Strategies[edit source]
- ELAS Tank has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- ELAS Tank is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of ELAS Tank and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your ELAS Tank units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- ELAS Tank would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the ELAS Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies[edit source]
- ELAS Tank is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- ELAS Tank units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ELAS Tank is actually a British tank - Matilda. This is due to the lack of tanks used by the Greeks so Big Huge Games had to borrow a tank design to create the ELAS Tank.
- ELAS is an abbreviation for Ellinikós Laïkós Apeleftherotikós Stratós which is Greek for Greek People's Liberation Army.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|