“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your troops do the damage. These unique French units have more hitpoints.”
Elite Chevalier is a level 3 French unique Heavy Cavalry unlocked in Medieval Age. Its predecessor is Heavy Chevalier and can be upgraded to Guard Chevalier. It is researched in level 5 Blacksmith. It is the French version of Knight.
General Information Edit
- Elite Chevalier is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the chevalier can be trained in 2 minutes and 48 seconds which is 42 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (3 minutes and 30 seconds).
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- It has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- As a French unique unit, it can inflict more damage and has more health than standard Heavy Cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
Elite Chevalier would be veteran knights, survivors of many battles and the most skilled at the charge. As such they would be held in reserve and used to deliver the death-blow to the enemy. In the Battle of Dyrrhachium, (1081), as their own forces were collapsing on both flanks, a group of Norman knights charged the Byzantine center, breaking the enemy infantry and routing the entire army.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Elite Chevalier has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Elite Chevalier is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Elite Chevalier and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Elite Chevalier units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Elite Chevalier would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Elite Chevalier will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Elite Chevalier is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Elite Chevalier units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- Chevalier is French for Knight.
- Chevaliers wear a fleur-de-lis, a heraldic symbol strongly associated with France, on their shields.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|