The Elite Chevalier is the level 3 standard French unique Heavy Cavalry unlocked in the Medieval Age. Its predecessor is the Heavy Chevalier. It can be upgraded to become a Guard Chevalier. It is researched in a level 5 blacksmith. It is the French version of the knight.
- Like all heavy cavalry, the elite chevaliers are front runners among all troops, with a great deal of hitpoints, they can endure more than any other troop. For their strength in taking damage, they do sheer damage themselves and cannot win battles unless they are supported by stronger troops.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the elite chevalier can be trained in 2 minutes and 48 seconds which is 42 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (3 minutes and 30 seconds).
- The Elite Chevalier is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- The Elite Chevalier has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- As a French unique unit, elite chevaliers can inflict more damage and has more health than standard knights.
Historical Description Edit
"Elite Chevalier would be veteran knights, survivors of many battles and the most skilled at the charge. As such they would be held in reserve and used to deliver the death-blow to the enemy. In the Battle of Dyrrhachium, (1081), as their own forces were collapsing on both flanks, a group of Norman knights charged the Byzantine center, breaking the enemy infantry and routing the entire army."
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Elite Chevaliers have a lot of health but are slow and have low attack power, so use them in groups.
- Elite Chevaliers are weak against many defenses grouped together.
- Due to their high health, elite chevaliers can be use as meat shields to protect infantry from the defenses.
- Ballista Towers can destroy elite chevaliers easily like all heavy cavalry. If you can, try swarming it with heavy infantry or ranged infantry to destroy it quick enough since the ballista tower is slow.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of elite chevaliers and a veteran wall miner. When attacking, deploy a veteran wall miner and wait until it destroys the necessary walls, then deploy all your elite chevaliers in the areas which the Town Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your elite chevaliers to destroy the Town Center.
- Elite Chevaliers would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks the elite chevalier, the elite chevalier will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making the elite chevalier distracted. Try to use and deploy ranged infantry such as crossbowmen or heavy infantry such as pikemen after deploying the elite chevaliers to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defending Strategies Edit
- Elite Chevaliers are a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Chevalier is French for Knight.
- Chevaliers wear a fleur-de-lis, a heraldic symbol strongly associated with France, on their shields.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|