“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings.”
Elite Infantry is the level 11 standard Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Atomic Age. Its predecessor is Assault Infantry and can be upgraded to Valiant Infantry. It is researched in a level 10 Armory.
General Information[edit source]
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
Elite infantry have been essential for winning battles and conquering territory since time immemorial. Historical examples include Persian Immortals, Roman Triarii, Aztec Jaguar Warriors and Napoleonic Imperial Guards. Typically chosen for their bravery, physical prowess and experience in combat, elite infantry are often the first to join battle and the last to retreat. They may also be held as reserves to either finish off a weakened foe or amount a last stand as situation requires. In modern armies, elite infantry may be expected to undertake extraordinarily dangerous missions such as nighttime raids behind enemy lines".
Visuals[edit | edit source]
Attacking Strategies[edit source]
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
Defensive Strategies[edit source]
- The level 10 Garrison can train up Elite Infantrys to help defend the village from attackers. Put the garrison defended and inside walls. That way, the garrison can train Elite Infantrys without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is suggested that a garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training Elite Infantrys would be more quicker than usual.
- The level 7 Ambush Trap deploys Elite Infantrys when triggered by enemy troops are too close to it. It is suggested to put in areas where enemies may deploy in Heavy Cavalry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|