"Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings"
Elite Infantry is the level 11 standard Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Atomic Age and it can be upgraded to the Valiant Infantry. Its predecessor is the Assault Infantry. It is researched in a level 10 Armory.
General Information Edit
- Elite Infantry can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Elite Infantry would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Elite Infantry can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Elite Infantry are weak against other infantry.
Historical Description Edit
"Elite infantry have been essential for winning battles and conquering territory since time immemorial. Historical examples include Persian Immortals, Roman Triarii, Aztec Jaguar Warriors and Napoleonic Imperial Guards. Typically chosen for their bravery, physical prowess and experience in combat, elite infantry are often the first to join battle and the last to retreat. They may also be held as reserves to either finish off a weakened foe or amount a last stand as situation requires. In modern armies, elite infantry may be expected to undertake extraordinarily dangerous missions such as nighttime raids behind enemy lines".
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If used in large groups; Elite Infantry can be devastating and can destroy a base easily; if not in heavy fire.
- Mortars are devastating against Heavy Infantry and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread your elite infantry around so the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few heavy cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts can likewise be devastating against Elite Infantry if not dealt with appropriatly. Keep your Infantry away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Use ranged infantry such as riflemen to support Elite Infantry
- Heavy Infantry can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The level 9 garrison can train up elite infantry to help defend the village from attackers. Put the garrison defended and inside walls or behind a structure for that will have the same effect As walls. That way, the garrison can train elite infantry without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is recommended that a garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training infantry will be quicker than usual.
- The level 7 ambush trap deploys assault infantry when triggered by enemy troops are too close to it. It is suggested to put in areas where enemies may deploy in heavy cavalry.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|