“While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique British troops do more damage and have +1 range!”
Elite Longbowman is a level 4 British unique Ranged Infantry unit unlocked in Classical Age. Its predecessor is Longbowman and can be upgraded to King's Longbowman. This British unique unit replaces Archer. It is upgraded in level 4 Blacksmith.
General Information Edit
- Like all ranged infantry, Elite Longbowman can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly, as they have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry.
- Elite Longbowman aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Elite Longbowman are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Elite Longbowman would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Elite Longbowman would attack them.
- As a British unique unit, Elite Longbowman has 15% more damage and +1 more attack range than regular Ranged Infantry.
During the Hundred Years' War, King Henry V won his most famous victory against superior French numbers at Agincourt, on St. Crispin's Day 1415. He achieved this victory primarily through his heavy reliance on his crack Longbow troops, which made up over 70% of his overall army. A trained Longbow man could fire 12 arrows a minute, and Henry had thousands of them at Agincourt. Despite outnumbering the British by as much as 4 to 1, the French assault crumbled under repeated volleys of accurate ranged fire.
- Like its predecessor, the Elite Longbowman wears a white shirt and white pants. In the middle of the shirt is a red cross, likely to represent the cross of St. George. Around his neck is chain armor. The Elite Longbowman also wears a Nasal Helmet and a long-sleeve red shirt under the white shirt. He have a bracer on his arm and holds a quiver made our of animal skin on his back; full of arrows. He holds a wooden longbow and a wooden arrow.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Elite Longbowman has low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use Heavy Infantry as meat shields to protect the Elite Longbowman.
- Elite Longbowman is cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Elite Longbowman to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your Heavy Infantry won't get distracted.
- Since Elite Longbowman can deal more damage to foot troops, bringing some along with Heavy Infantry and/or Heavy Cavalry will help deal with pesky defending foot troops!
- Make sure to keep the Elite Longbowman behind your 'meat shields' or away from danger.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Elite Longbowman can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other Heavy Infantry.
- The earliest longbow known from England, found at Ashcott Heath, Somerset, is dated to 2665 BC
- Although the weapon itself existed back in the classical age, the in-game version of the unit did not (since it's a medieval archer).
- Britons very likely used this weapon against the Romans, however it seems to have been much less successful in classical warfare than it was in later eras.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|