“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage. These unique Greek units have more hitpoints and do more damage.”
The Elite Royal Companion is a level 4 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked in Gunpowder Age. Its predecessor is Heavy Royal Companion and can be upgraded to Stradioti. It is researched in level 6 Armory. It replaces Lancer.
General Information Edit
- Elite Royal Companion is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- As a Greek unique unit, it has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
In the 10th century,the Byzantine Empire fielded an elite unit known as 'The Company'. This unit was comprised mostly of foreigners and acted as part of the imperial guard (Giving one an idea of how much the rulers trusted their own people).This unit served with distinction until the 12th century.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Elite Royal Companion has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Elite Royal Companion is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Elite Royal Companion and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Elite Royal Companion units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Elite Royal Companion would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Elite Royal Companion will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Elite Royal Companion is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Elite Royal Companion units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- Historically, Companions would wear Boeotian helmets rather than the Corinthian Helmet they wear in the game. They would also wear a bronze muscle cuirass, linothorax (linen upper body armor), and shoulder guards.
- Historically, Companions didn't use shields.
- By the time of the Gunpowder age (Approx. 15 - 17th Century) this unit would have been obsolete.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|