“These siege units fire shots from a distance, dealing good damage to enemy buildings. They're completely defenseless against enemy troops though, so escort them with archers and other troops.”
The 152 mm M1943 (D-1) Field Howitzer is a level 6 standard Ranged Siege unit unlocked in the Atomic Age. Its predecessor is the Howitzer and can be upgraded to the Heavy Artillery. It is researched in the level 10 Armory.
- Field Howitzers can do efficient damage on buildings from a distance. They attack the building that is closest to them.
- Field Howitzers only targets buildings, not enemy troops, making them vulnerable and defenseless.
Historical Description Edit
The Soviets placed a heavier emphasis on artillery than any other major participant in WW II. One of their most important big guns was the 152mm D-1 Howitzer, which quickly became a staple on the Eastern Front after its introduction in 1943. It was equipped with pneumatic rubber tires and could be towed by any heavy-duty military vehicle, which made it reasonably mobile. The D-1 was noted for its accuracy and proved a great asset to the Red Army during the war. The Soviets later exported it to many of their allies. Astonishingly, the 60 years old howitzer model is still part of many armed forces today, including those of China, Cuba, Iraq and Vietnam. In 1954, this howitzer make Vietnam People Army win against the French Army in Dien Bien Phu Battle.
- Chivalry is a Level 2 Technology increases Ranged Siege attack by 10%.
- Ballistics is a Level 3 Technology decreases Siege troop space by 1 and increase attack speed by 10%.
- Leonardo Da Vinci research increases 30% hp and 30% damage.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Since Field Howitzers are defenseless against enemy troops, use troops such as Ranged Infantry to defend them.
- Use Heavy Infantry and Heavy Cavalry to help cover the Howitzer from defensive buildings.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Field Howitzers are efficient alliance troops that can help defend City Centers. Their high damage can take out Generals and other strong units such as Heavy Cavalry. Field Howitzers can also take a large amount of infantry if they are clumped together. Field Howitzers are also ranged so they can shoot over walls against enemy troops without being attacked by melee/low ranged units such as Heavy Infantry. This makes Field Howitzers the number one donated war troop for defense.
- Use the Angkor Wat to heal them as they attack enemy troops. That way, they can last longer as they are being attacked.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|