“While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique Chinese troops have faster rate of fire!”
Fire Dragon is a level 7 Chinese unique Ranged Infantry unit, unlocked in Enlightenment Age. Its predecessor is Fire Lance and can be upgraded to Manchu Rifleman. This unit replaces Musketeer. It is upgraded in level 7 Armory.
General Information[edit source]
- Like all ranged infantry, Fire Dragon can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly, as they have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry.
- Fire Dragon aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Fire Dragon are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Fire Dragon would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Fire Dragon would attack them.
- As a Chinese unique unit, Fire Dragon has twice firing speed but lower damage per shot than regular Ranged Infantry.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
The 'Fire Dragon out of Water' was a remarkable weapon invented in 17th century China. Intially a two-stage rocket made to look like a dragon, the Fire Dragon was a tube perhaps 5 feet in length. It was launched toward the enemy by four or more primitive rockets attached to its sides. A fuse from one of these rockets led to several more inside the tube itself; when they were ignited they would provide the final thrust, (hopefully) driving the explosive-filled missile toward the enemy position. The weapons were used at sea, where they could be devastating against enemy ships, setting them on fire at great distance.
Visuals[edit | edit source]
Attacking Strategies[edit source]
- Fire Dragon has low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use Heavy Infantry as meat shields to protect the Fire Dragon.
- Fire Dragon is cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Fire Dragon to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your Heavy Infantry won't get distracted.
- Since Fire Dragon can deal more damage to foot troops, bringing some along with Heavy Infantry and/or Heavy Cavalry will help deal with pesky defending foot troops!
- Make sure to keep the Fire Dragon behind your 'meat shields' or away from danger.
Defensive Strategies[edit source]
- Fire Dragon can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other Heavy Infantry.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In this game, Fire Dragon troops are not equipped with the 'Fire Dragon out of Water' rockets, they are equipped with firearms. The name of this unit is wrong.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|