“While their shots do little at enemy buildings, these troops are experts at dealing enemy foot troops. These unique Chinese troops have faster rate of fire!”
Fire Lance is a level 6 Chinese unique Ranged Infantry unit, unlocked in Gunpowder Age. Its predecessor is Royal Chu Ko Nu and can be upgraded to Fire Dragon. This unit replaces Arquebusier. It is upgraded in level 6 Armory.
General Information Edit
- Like all ranged infantry, Fire Lance can kill enemy infantry easily and quickly, as they have 4 times the damage to enemy infantry.
- Fire Lance aren't efficient against enemy cavalry and buildings.
- Fire Lance are ranged units and can destroy buildings over walls.
- Fire Lance would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- If there are enemy units nearby, Fire Lance would attack them.
- As a Chinese unique unit, Fire Lance has twice firing speed but lower damage per shot than regular Ranged Infantry.
Among the earliest of all gunpowder weapons, Chinese Fire Lances were originally simple bamboo tubes filled with gunpowder and projectiles tied to spears. As the combatants closed to engage, the wielder would fire the gunpowder-filled tube, hopefully injuring (or at least frightening) the defender, and then finish him off with the sharp end of the spear. As engineering became more effective, the Fire Lance morphed into an actual firearm, the spear portion becoming less important and eventually going away all together.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Fire Lance has low health; making them vulnerable to defenses. Use Heavy Infantry as meat shields to protect the Fire Lance.
- Fire Lance is cheap and can be used to set off hidden enemy traps.
- Use Fire Lance to protect heavy infantry from other infantry so your Heavy Infantry won't get distracted.
- Since Fire Lance can deal more damage to foot troops, bringing some along with Heavy Infantry and/or Heavy Cavalry will help deal with pesky defending foot troops!
- Make sure to keep the Fire Lance behind your 'meat shields' or away from danger.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Fire Lance can be used as good Alliance Troops. One example is that they can shoot over walls to attack troops of the attackers forcing the troops to destroy the wall to kill them. Another thing is that they're good against other Heavy Infantry.
- In this game, Fire Lance troops are not equipped with fire lances, they are equipped with three-barrel hand cannons.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|