Food is one of the primary resources in DomiNations.
Food is collected from:
- Fruit Trees;
- hunting Boar and Deer;
- trading Metal for shipments at a Mill;
- amphora uncovered after clearing a Forest;
- selling explored Ruins and Ancient Statues;
- a bonus once per day from the wonder Forbidden City; and
- looting other bases, both single-player and multi-player, with a bonus for destroying all of an opponent's food buildings (farms and mills).
Food can also be purchased using Crowns.
Food is stored in Mills. Farms hold food that has not been collected by the player. Other players may loot 50% of the food held by Farms, but only 25% of the food stored in Mills.
Food pays for:
- training Troops at the Barracks;
- purchasing Tactics at the War Academy;
- researching and upgrading troops, tactics, Generals (up to 10 lvl) and offensive coalitions at the Blacksmith;
- constructing and upgrading gold-related Economy Buildings:
- constructing and upgrading Temple, Vault and Mercenary Camp;
- constructing and upgrading Military Buildings, except of Factory and Airstrip;
- constructing and upgrading Fort/Castle (first 3 levels);
- constructing Wonder Buildings;
- repairing and upgrading the Alliance Gate, Museum and Embassy;
- researching some Technology at the Library;
- some researches at the University;
- removing Trees;
- option of upgrading Walls and Gates from 9 lvl and above.