“Powerful on the defense, a Castle also allows you to appoint a powerful General to lead your army!”
- The Fort (Castle) acts like a Tower when your town is under attack. Additionally, you can recruit a General who will act as a defender.
- Upgrading the Fort / Castle increases its hitpoints and damage, as well as unlocks additional Generals and/or allows you to upgrade your Generals further.
- When you deactivate a General, the cost is not refunded if you trained a second General with oil.
- The Fort starts out as the Castle from level 1 to level 3 and finally becomes the Fort at level 4.
- After the 5.8 balance update, the defending Generals will spawn with 70% hitpoints if the Fort (Castle) is destroyed before they go out to defend,
|Level||Build Cost||Citizens Needed||Upgrade Time||XP Gain||Unlocks General||Max
|1||850,000||4||2d||?||Alexander, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc||5||Medieval Age|
|7||260,000||13d||6,675||None||60||Cold War Age|
|9||280,000||15d||7,000||Petra Herrera||80||Digital Age|
|Level||Hitpoints||Damage Per Second||Range|
|Defender Type||The active general(s), if any.|
|First Wave Time||3s.|
|Number of Generals Available||1(+1 if Leadership Chapter 3, +1 if Command Chapter 4 is researched).|
After Leadership Technology Chapter 2 and Command Technology Chapter 2 completed, Fort/Castle will spawn 2 Machine Gun Infantries as Defenders with every General spawned. The type of Machine Gun Infantries spawned depend on each Generals Level they spawned with. The Machine Gun Infantries are capable to shoot over Walls.
|Generals Level||Machine Gun Infantry Defenders||Machine Gun Infantry's Hitpoints||Machine Gun Infantry's Damage Per Second|
|1 - 10||Gatling Gun||1,339||77|
|11 - 20||Heavy Gatling Gun||1,426||87|
|21 - 30||Machine Gun||1,750||100|
|31 - 40||Heavy Machine Gun||2,012||110|
|41 - 50||Veteran Machine Gun||2,620||143|
|51 - 60||Elite Machine Gun||3,406||187|
|61 - 70||Valiant Machine Gun||?||?|
- Chapter 2: Gives Generals a defender retinue on defense.
- Chapter 3: +1 Generals available.
- Chapter 2: Upgrades Generals retinue defenders to Machine Gun Infantry Defenders.
- Chapter 4: +1 Generals available.
- Chapter 3: +20% Fort/Castle hitpoints
- Level 4 Fort Hitpoints: Increase 3% hitpoints per each skill level researched (10 Levels).
- Level 3 Fort Reduce Citizens: -1 number of citizens required to upgrade this building. (1 Level)
The Terra Cotta Army wonder confers these bonuses to the Fort/Castle:
- Increases the hitpoints of the Castle by 20% as long as it is nearby.
- The Heritage at the Library Chapter 1 increases the hitpoint bonus from +20% to +22%.
- The Castle is the only new building unlocked in the Medieval Age.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|