“Powerful on the defense, a Castle also allows you to appoint a powerful General to lead your army!”
“Allows you to appoint a powerful General to lead your army. When destoryed, Generals will make a last stand and continue to fight!”
Levels[edit | edit source]
General Information[edit | edit source]
- The Fort (Castle) acts like a Tower when your town is under attack. Additionally, you can recruit a General who will act as a defender.
- Upgrading the Fort / Castle / Redoubt increases its hitpoints and damage, as well as unlocks additional Generals and/or allows you to upgrade your Generals further.
- It is not possible to recruit a General while upgrading Fort / Castle / Redoubt.
- When you deactivate a General, the cost is not refunded if you trained a second General with oil.
- The Redoubt starts as the Castle from level 1 to 3. It becomes the Fort from level 4 to 7. Finally, it becomes the Redoubt at level 8 and up.
- After the 5.8 balance update, the defending Generals will spawn with 70% hitpoints if the Fort (Castle) is destroyed before they go out to defend,
Statistics[edit | edit source]
Building Statistics[edit | edit source]
|Level||Build Cost||Citizens Needed||Upgrade Time||XP Gain||Unlocks General||Max
|1||850,000||4||2d||?||Alexander, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc||5||Medieval Age|
|3||5,500,000||4 (3*)||5d||2,700||Napoleon||20||Enlightenment Age|
|5||190,000||8 (7*)||11d||6,090||Churchill||40||Global Age|
|7||260,000||13d||6,675||None||60||Cold War Age|
|9||280,000||15d 12h||7,000||Petra Herrera||80||Digital Age|
|10||290,000||16d||7,250||Sun Tzu||90||Information Age|
- After researching the fort citizen reduction from Hannibal Barca
|Level||Hitpoints||Damage Per Second||Range|
Defenders Statistics[edit | edit source]
|Defender Type||The active general(s), if any.|
3 Ranged Infantry Defenders or 2 Machine Gun Infantry Defenders
|First Wave Time||3s.|
|Number of Generals Available||1(+1 if Leadership Chapter 3, +1 if Command Chapter 4 is researched).|
After Leadership Technology Chapter 2 and Command Technology Chapter 2 completed, Fort/Castle will spawn 2 Machine Gun Infantries as Defenders with every General spawned. The type of Machine Gun Infantries spawned depend on each Generals Level they spawned with. The Machine Gun Infantries are capable to shoot over Walls.
|Generals Level||Machine Gun Infantry Defenders||Machine Gun Infantry's Hitpoints||Machine Gun Infantry's Damage Per Second|
|1 - 10||Gatling Gun||1,339||77|
|11 - 20||Heavy Gatling Gun||1,426||87|
|21 - 30||Machine Gun||1,750||100|
|31 - 40||Heavy Machine Gun||2,012||110|
|41 - 50||Veteran Machine Gun||2,620||143|
|51 - 60||Elite Machine Gun||3,406||187|
|61 - 70||Valiant Machine Gun||?||?|
|71 - 80|
|81 - 90|
Boosts[edit | edit source]
- Chapter 2: Gives Generals a defender retinue on defense.
- Chapter 3: +1 Generals available.
- Chapter 2: Upgrades Generals retinue defenders to Machine Gun Infantry Defenders.
- Chapter 4: +1 Generals available.
- Chapter 3: +20% Fort/Castle hitpoints
- Level 4 Fort Hitpoints: Increase 3% hitpoints per each skill level researched (10 Levels).
- Level 3 Fort Reduce Citizens: -1 number of citizens required to upgrade this building. (1 Level)
The Terra Cotta Army wonder confers these bonuses to the Fort/Castle:
- Increases the hitpoints of the Castle by 20% as long as it is nearby.
- The Heritage at the Library Chapter 1 increases the hitpoint bonus from +20% to +22%.
VIP Bonuses[edit | edit source]
Building Upgrade Resource Cost
- Level 9 : 5%
- Level 12 : 10%
- Level 15 : 15%
- Level 1 : Björn Ironside
Parliament[edit | edit source]
Base Financing: Army
- Reduce cost of Army building upgrades by 3,000 ~ 80,000 Food/Gold (to a minimum of Free)
- Reduce cost of Army building upgrades by 10,000 Oil (to a minimum of Free)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Castle is the only new building unlocked in the Medieval Age.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|