“Powerful on the defense, a Castle also allows you to appoint a powerful General to lead your army!”
- The Fort (Castle) acts like a Tower when your town is under attack. Additionally, you can recruit a General who will act as a defender.
- Upgrading the Castle increases its hitpoints and damage, as well as unlocks additional Generals and/or allows you to upgrade your Generals further.
- When you deactivate a General, the cost is not refunded if you trained a second General with oil.
- The Fort starts out as the Castle from level 1 to level 3 and finally becomes the Fort at level 4.
- After the 5.8 balance update, the defending Generals will spawn with 70% hitpoints if the Fort (Castle) is destroyed before they go out to defend,
| 1|| 850,000 ||4|| 2d|| ? || Alexander, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc||5|| Medieval Age
| 2|| 2,000,000 || 4d|| 2,385|| Nobunaga||10|| Gunpowder Age
| 3|| 5,500,000 || 5d|| 2,700|| Napoleon||20|| Enlightenment Age
|4||110,000 ||9d||3,725|| MacArthur||30|| Industrial Age
|5||190,000 ||8||11d|| 6,090 || Churchill
||40|| Global Age
|6||240,000 ||12d||6,390||None||50||Atomic Age
|7||260,000 ||13d||6,675||None||60||Cold War Age
|8||270,000 ||14d||6,950||None||70||Space Age
||Damage Per Second
The Leadership Technology at the Library confers these bonuses to the Fort/Castle:
- Chapter 2: Gives Generals a defender retinue on defense.
The Command Technology at the Library confers these bonuses to the Fort/Castle:
- Chapter 2: Upgrades Generals retinue defenders to Machine Gun Infantry Defenders.
The Citadels Technology at the Library confers these bonuses to the Fort/Castle:
- Chapter 3: +20% Fort/Castle hitpoints
The research of Leader King Sejong in the University confers the following bonuses to the Castle/Fort:
- Level 4 Fort Hitpoints: Increase 3% hitpoints per each skill level researched (10 Levels).
The research of Leader Hannibal Barca in the University confers the following bonuses to the Castle/Fort:
- Level 3 Fort Reduce Citizens: -1 number of citizens required to upgrade this building. (1 Level)
The Terra Cotta Army wonder confers these bonuses to the Fort/Castle:
- Increases the hitpoints of the Castle by 20% as long as it is nearby.
- The Heritage at the Library Chapter 1 increases the hitpoint bonus from +20% to +22%.
- The Castle is the only new building unlocked in the Medieval Age.