“Generals have a commanding presence on the battlefield, able to both deal and take a lot of damage. They are particularly powerful when fighting other generals.”
General Information Edit
Generals have higher hit points than other units in the game and move quicker, but have lower damage output. Generals target the nearest enemy and do 6x damage when fighting other Generals.
Using Generals Edit
Generals are used differently compared to other units.
- To use a General, you activate them by choosing the General you want to use at the Castle
- Only a certain amount of Generals can be active at a time.
- An additional General can help with defense at the Pentagon on Atomic Age
- The first General can be activated instantaneous and free, while the second and third generals can be activated with a cost of Oil. The Oil cost differ with General level
- The third General to be activated cost more than the second General.
- Active Generals are shown on top of the Castle and will defend against attacking armies.
- Active Generals can be used in battles. If they are deployed and they are hurt, then they will become inactive after the battle. If not, they will still be active.
- Active Generals can be deactivated. This prevents them from being injured defending your base and allows you to activate a different General.
- If a General loses health when they are attacking or defending, then they need to heal before they can be activated again. The amount of time depends on the proportion of health lost, up to a maximum of 24 hours. For example, a General losing half their health will need to heal for 12 hours before becoming available again.
- If General is used in battle and you do not destroy all the defensive buildings it will heal for 24 hours.
- Generals can be healed instantly using Crowns.
- With the current AI, Generals seek and attack the closest building in battles, and are best used as cleaning crews.
- After level 10, Oil is required to upgrade Generals instead of Food. 41,000 Oil is required to go from a level 10 General to level 11.
- From Level 21, Generals move in tanks (with the exception of MacArthur and Churchill. They are always in tanks and also Hannibal who rides elephant).
- Oil is required to upgrade Napoleon, MacArthur, and Churchill for all levels.
Unlocking & Upgrading Generals Edit
Generals can be upgraded at the Blacksmith. While being upgraded, they cannot be activated.
Depending on the level of your Castle / Fort, the following Generals are available:
|Fort (Castle)'s Generals Unlocked||Unlocked By|
|Alexander||Fort (Castle) Level 1|
|Joan of Arc|
|Nobunaga||Fort (Castle) Level 2|
|Napoleon||Fort (Castle) Level 3|
|MacArthur||Fort (Castle) Level 4|
|Churchill||Fort (Castle) Level 5|
|Zhukov||Fort (Castle) Level 8|
|Hannibal||Hannibal Barca's Research The Ultimate Tactician in the University|
|Troop Tactics' Generals|
General Chest can contains Lady Death, though she don't have bonus DPS against Generals.
|Castle Level||Max General Level||Age Unlocked|
|7||60||Cold War Age|
Training Cost for the 3rd General is double the 2nd General.
The first ten level of Food upgrade cost is only for Alexander, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, Nobunaga and Napoleon. Other Generals, use Oil. After Level 10, all of the General upgrade cost use Oil.
Generals are very powerful troops that can be very effective in battle. However, they take a long time to heal if heavily damaged, so they should be saved for important battles or only used when they will take light damage.
Ballista Towers do very high damage and you should avoid them with Generals.
- Chapter 1: Increases General health by 10%.
- Chapter 2: Gives Generals a defender retinue on defense.
- Chapter 3: Train a second General using Oil.
- Chapter 4: Increases General Attack by 10%.
- Chapter 5: Increases General attack against other Generals by 15%. (The actual upgrade value is from 6 damage multiplier to 7 damage multiplier)
- Chapter 1: Reduces General cool down by 1h.
- Chapter 2: Upgrades General retinue defenders to Gatling Guns.
- Chapter 3: Reduces General cool down by 1h.
- Chapter 4: Train a third General using Oil.
- Chapter 5: Reduces General Oil training cost by 10%.
- General Upgrade Cost : -1% Generals upgrade resource cost per each skill level researched. (10 Levels)
- General Recovery Time : -2% Generals Recovery Cool Down per each skill level researched. (10 Levels)
- Fort General Upgrade Time: -6% Generals Upgrade Time per each skill level researched. (5 Levels).
- Fort General Upgrade Cost: -3% Generals Upgrade Cost per each skill level researched. (10 Levels).
- Fort General Hitpoints: +6% Generals Hitpoints per each skill level researched. (5 Levels).
- The Ultimate Tactician: Unlocks Hannibal at a Level 21.
The Versailles wonder confers these bonuses to the Generals:
- Hitpoint boost to both your attacking and defending troops: 10% (including the Generals)
- The Heritage at the Library Chapter 1 increases the hitpoints bonus from +10% to +11%.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|