“Guan Yu, master of the guandao,damages all enemies in front of him with his powerful attacks.”
General Information Edit
Historical Description Edit
Guan Yu was an ancient Chinese general who lived from 162-219 CE. The general remained fiercely loyal to his friend and commander Liu Bei throughout his life, returning to fight by his side even after being captured by the enemy leader Cao Cao. During his capture, Guan was briefly made a general in Cao Cao's army and sent against a rival ruler's forces. Guan personally beheaded the opposing commander and left to return to Liu Bei.
Guan’s reputation grew even further after his depiction in 'The Romance of the Three Kingdoms', a semi- historical novel written a thousand years after his death. The novel spoke of his many impressive feats, notably receiving arm surgery without anesthesia while simultaneously playing a game of Go. Some time after the release of the novel, Guan became worshipped by Daoists, Buddhists, and Confucianists alike. There are even supposedly shrines dedicated to the general in every Hong Kong police station.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Guan Yu can tank up defensive damage and deal damage to enemy defenses/Troops.
- AVOID Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers, and Anti-Tank Guns with Guan Yu. These defensive Buildings are designed to take out any Troop/General that has high hit-points.
- A good way to avoid the Cannon Towers is to rally straight back out of your clean path near Buildings, bringing your Troops back with your Generals to help escort him/her or for Guan Yu to kill any Heavy Cavalry, foot Troops, or General stalking your Troops.
- Avoid rallying at 45 degree angles, since your Troops are defenseless until meeting the rally point, and it is very possible Cannon Towers, and Troops can kill Guan Yu and your Troops if you pass by the defensive Buildings.
- If you are attacking without Tanks with your Troops, Guan Yu can take up some of the damage, and is best used to take out Mortar fire. Beware not to rally your troops with Guan Yu to a Mortar that can still hit your troops, since Guan Yu will be the only one left alive.
|Level||Hitpoints||DPS||DPS against Generals||Troops/Army|
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|