“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your troops do the damage. These unique French units have more hitpoints.”
Guard Chevalier is a level 4 French unique Heavy Cavalry unlocked in Gunpowder Age. Its predecessor is Elite Chevalier and can be upgraded to Hussar. It is researched in level 6 Armory. It is the French version of Lancer.
General Information Edit
- Guard Chevalier is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the chevalier can be trained in 2 minutes and 48 seconds which is 42 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (3 minutes and 30 seconds).
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- It has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- As a French unique unit, it can inflict more damage and has more health than standard Heavy Cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
The Guard Chevalier were assigned to protect the leader of the army on the battlefield. In medieval times, this was often the monarch himself. Thus the Guard were the deadliest warriors in the country, armed to the teeth and clad in the best armor the technology of the day was able to produce.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Guard Chevalier has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Guard Chevalier is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Guard Chevalier and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Guard Chevalier units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Guard Chevalier would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Guard Chevalier will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Guard Chevalier is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Guard Chevalier units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- By the time of the Gunpowder Age (approx. 15 Century- 17th Century) a highly armored knight like this would have been obsolete.
- Chevalier is French for Knight.
- Previous versions of the Chevalier wore a fleur-de-lis, a heraldic symbol strongly associated with France, on their shields, this one wears a lion instead, a symbol much more associated with England.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|