“A brilliant strategist and tactician, General Hannibal rides atop his mighty war elephant attacking with devastating melee charges while continuously calling more elephants to fight by his side.”
Description[edit | edit source]
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
Hannibal Barca of Carthage, the modern-day North African country Tunisia, was a general during the second and third centuries BCE and is revered as one of the greatest military minds in history. He defeated Rome in many battles during the Second Punic War. His tactics included utilizing cavalry, infantry, and war elephants in unison to suffocate his opponents during battle. One such military maneuver he applied was the double envelopment, which he used against Rome during the Battle of Cannae. This strategy entailed having cavalry and infantry attack from the sides and form a crescent shape that could neutralize enemies that were attacking in a straight line.
Hannibal is also famous for leading a massive army across the Alps in the throes of winter while battling toward Italy and Rome. He was eventually defeated by Scipio Africanus at the Battle of Zama, thus ending the Second Punic War. After being defeated, he became a politician and enacted changes to the law, such as shortening lifetime military judge appointments to only two years. He would eventually go into exile and take his own life in order to prevent his capture by the Roman Empire. Hannibal is remembered as striking such fear into the hearts of the Romans that whenever a disaster struck they would exclaim Hannibal is at the gates!’ in terror.
Attacking Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Hannibal can tank up defensive damage and deal damage to enemy defenses/Troops.
- AVOID Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers, and Anti-Tank Guns with Hannibal. These defensive Buildings are designed to take out any Troop/General that has high hit-points.
- A good way to avoid the Cannon Towers is to rally straight back out of your clean path near Buildings, bringing your Troops back with your Generals to help escort him/her or for Hannibal to kill any Heavy Cavalry, foot Troops, or General stalking your Troops.
- Avoid rallying at 45 degree angles, since your Troops are defenseless until meeting the rally point, and it is very possible Cannon Towers, and Troops can kill Hannibal and your Troops if you pass by the defensive Buildings.
- If you are attacking without Tanks with your Troops, Hannibal can take up some of the damage, and is best used to take out Mortar fire. Beware not to rally your troops with Hannibal to a Mortar that can still hit your troops, since Hannibal will be the only one left alive.
- When Hannibal is deployed on the battlefield, 2 elephants spawn alongside him, this effect also works on defense when Hannibal is deployed from a Fort
Statistics[edit | edit source]
|Level||Castle Level Required||HP||DPS||DPS Vs. Generals||Range||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||XP Gain|
- +10% HP from Library Leadership research
- +10% HP from Versailles wonder ( +11% with Library Heritage research )
- +30% HP from University leader Hannibal Barca
- +10% DPS from Library Leadership research
- +15% DPS against other generals from Library Leadership research ( means: 7 times DPS instead of 6 )
- -10% upgrade costs from Notre Dame ( -11% with Library Heritage research )
- -10% upgrade costs from University leader Suleiman the Magnificent
- -30% upgrade costs from University leader Hannibal Barca
- -30% upgrade time from University leader Hannibal Barca
- Various Museum item bonuses to HP and DPS
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|