“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!”
Heavy Bundeswehr is the level 12 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Cold War Age. Its predecessor is the Bundeswehr and can be upgraded to Elite Bundeswehr. It is researched in a level 11 Armory. It replaces Valiant Infantry.
General Information Edit
- Heavy Bundeswehr can damage buildings very easy and quickly. They are also good against cavalry.
- Heavy Bundeswehr would attack the closest building on front of them but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Heavy Bundeswehr can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as mortars.
- Heavy Bundeswehr is weak against other infantry.
- As a German unique unit, The Heavy Bundeswehr have 20% more damage than standard Valiant Infantry.
Historical Description Edit
In the 1950s west Germany was tasked by NATO with rearming and adopting NATO ammunition standard in case of Soviet invasion. As the result, the Bundeswehr's arsenal of MG-3s was fitted with 7.62mm NATO chambering and adapted to use either continuous or disintegrating ammunitions belts.The Bundeswehr use Rheinmetall MG-3s to guard and patrol the west Germany side of Berlin wall, which defined the boundary between capitalism and communism in Europe for thirty years.
This soldier wears a gas mask and a green hood, a tool used in the fear and protection against chemical or nuclear fallout, if the M.A.D theory failed and nuclear war broke out. Germany was going to be the front of any invasion from the Soviet Union, who puppeted half of Eastern post-war Germany.
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Bundeswehr means "Federal Defense" in German.
- This is the second unit in the game to wear a gas mask, the first being an earlier German unit from the Industrial age makes the Wehrmacht.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|