“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your troops do the damage. These unique French units have more hitpoints.”
Heavy Chevalier is a level 2 French unique Heavy Cavalry unlocked in Classical Age. Its predecessor is Chevalier and can be upgraded to Elite Chevalier. It is researched in level 4 Blacksmith. It is the French version of Cataphract.
General Information Edit
- Heavy Chevalier is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the chevalier can be trained in 2 minutes and 48 seconds which is 42 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (3 minutes and 30 seconds).
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- It has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- As a French unique unit, it can inflict more damage and has more health than standard Heavy Cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
Wealthy chevaliers or those favored by their feudal lords would have heavier equipment - plate mail, horse barding, and the like - making them nearly invulnerable while on horseback. These Heavy Chevaliers were often accompanied in battle by squires, who were responsible for dragging them out of combat if they were unhorsed. There was nothing that an infantryman liked to see more than an enemy knight lying stuck in the mud.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Heavy Chevalier has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Heavy Chevalier is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Heavy Chevalier and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Heavy Chevalier units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Heavy Chevalier would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Heavy Chevalier will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Heavy Chevalier is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Heavy Chevalier units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- Chevaliers were created in the Medieval Age; not in the Classical Age. The people in Gaul (present-day France) did not have advanced cavalry back then and mostly relied on light infantry.
- Chevalier is French for Knight, and comes from cheval, "horse". French language did not exist back in the Classical Age.
- Chevaliers wear a fleur-de-lis, a heraldic symbol strongly associated with France, on their shields.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|