“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!”
Heavy Landsknecht is a level 7 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Gunpowder Age. Its predecessor is the Landsknecht and can be upgraded to the Junker. It is researched in a level 6 Armory. It replaces the Halberdier.
General Information Edit
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
- As a German unique unit, The Heavy Landsknecht have 20% more damage than standard Heavy Infantry.
The best of the Landsknecht warriors were elite, heavily-armored soldiers often armed with huge swords used to chop at enemy pike and disrupt their formation. These Heavy Landsknecht were also assigned to protect the unit's standard-bearer, an incredibly important and dangerous assignment if the standard-bearer falls, the unit is in great peril of becoming demoralized and disorganized, which in combat usually means its destruction.
The most well-known feature of a Landskencht is the colourful uniform. A Landsknecht wears a cuirass and a hat known as a schlappe. A typical Landsknecht is armed with a halberd and a shield, sometimes with rifles and swords.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Landsknecht would wear colorful armor and became a important fighting force in Europe in the Renaissance. They achieved being the universal mercenaries of Early-Modern Europe.
- The name Landsknecht roughly translates to "servant of the land" or "land knight."
- Historically, Landsknecht would use a variety of weapons, including firearms.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|