“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!”
Heavy Vandal is a level 5 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Classical Age. Its predecessor is the Vandal and can be upgraded to the Landsknecht. It is researched in a level 4 Blacksmith. It replaces the Phalanx.
General Information Edit
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
- As a German unique unit, The Heavy Vandal have 20% more damage than standard Heavy Infantry.
Historical Description Edit
The elite fighting men of the tribe, Vandal Heavy warriors were armed with several spears, a sword, wooden shield and iron cap. The more successful warriors might wear chain mail armour, typically captured from a less-successful (and now-deceased) foe. The Romans frequently employed Vandals as crack auxiliary cavalry, who, after being attacked by the Roman public, betrayed and helped destroy Rome. Vandals are not famous for refinement or sensitivity. After they sacked Rome, the term 'vandal' was used to describe anybody who breaks stuff for no good reason.
Heavy vandals have an iron helmet with horns, a chain mail shirt, shoulder plates and an iron axe and shield and leather boots with a leather skirt with a cloth shirt and trousers.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Although it's a common way to represent them, Germanic people did not wear horned helmets.
- Vandals were originally Scandinavians. When Rome first came in contact with them they had migrated to modern-day Poland. Eventually, they migrated to Gaul, Hispania and finally established a kingdom in Africa.
- The modern term vandalism stems from the Vandals' reputation as the barbarian people who sacked and looted Rome in AD 455.
- According to historians, Vandals were typically blond, not red haired like the in game model.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|