“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage. These unique Greek units have more hitpoints and do more damage.”
Mk-III Valentine Hellenic Tank is a level 8 Greek unique Heavy Cavalry unit unlocked in Global Age. Its predecessor is ELAS Tank and can be upgraded to Centaur Tank. It is researched in level 9 Armory. It replaces Battle Tank.
General Information Edit
- Hellenic Tank is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- As a Greek unique unit, it has more 10% more health than standard heavy cavalry and 25% more damage.
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
Based on the British Valentine Tank mk3. More than 8,000 of the type were produced in eleven marks. It was supplied in large numbers to the USSR and built under licence in Canada. Developed by Vickers, it proved to be both strong and reliable.
Though used in Dominations as a Greek tank (a regular practice in the game, using British tanks for Greek ones), the Valentine was never operated by the Greeks during the Second World War.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Hellenic Tank has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Hellenic Tank is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Hellenic Tank and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Hellenic Tank units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Hellenic Tank would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Hellenic Tank will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Hellenic Tank is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Hellenic Tank units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- The Hellenic Tank is actually a British tank - Mk-III Valentine. This is due to the lack of tanks used by the Greeks so Big Huge Games had to borrow a tank design to create the Hellenic Tank.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|