“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!”
Honored JSDF Soldier is the level 14 Japanese unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Digital Age. Its predecessor is the Elite JSDF Soldier. It is researched in a level 13 Armory. It replaces Honored Infantry.
General Information[edit source]
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
- As a Japanese unique unit, Honored JSDF Soldier has 20% more damage than standard Heavy Infantry.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
The bullpup firearm design, which places the action of the gun behind the grip, first came into widespread use with the Austrian Steyr AUG in 1978. Compared to traditional rifles, bullpups have the advantages of lighter weight and smaller size. Following the success of the AUG, the venerable Royal Small Arms Factory in the London borough of Enfield adopted this new trend for its next generation of infantry weapons, the L85 Individual Weapon (IW) and the L86 Light Support Weapon (LSW).
Both were gas-operated selective fire rifles and indeed shared 80% of their parts, but the greater effective range of the L86 led it to be designated a fire support weapon. Their initial rollout was poorly received despite the cutting-edge bullpup design. British soldiers resented the unreliable new guns for replacing their dependable L1A1S, while allies who had long been Enfield customers turned elsewhere. Since then, both weapons have been much improved, with newer variants serving admirably as the standard service weapon of British ground troops.
Visuals[edit | edit source]
Attacking Strategies[edit | edit source]
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- JSDF stands for "Japan Self Defence Force"
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|