“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings”
General Information Edit
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
Historical Description Edit
Hoplites were the trained citizen-soldiers of the Ancient Greek city-states. The Hoplites reached their apogee in the wars against the Persians, where the Greek soldiers constantly outfought the enemy infantry.
Mediterranean: Resembles a Greek soldier. Armed with a bronze helmet with a red plume, and a bronze shield, breastplate, and spear, the Mediterranian hoplite wears a red sleeveless tunic, brown pants, and leather boots, armbands, and kilt.
North European: Armed with a metal helmet, shield, and spear, he has leather boots and a white shirt and pants.
Oriental: Armed with a steel helm, shield, and spear, he wears white fur pants and a white fur tunic, red hood and obi.
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
Defensive Strategies Edit
- The level 3 Garrison can train up Hoplite to help defend the village from attackers. Put the garrison defended and inside walls. That way, the garrison can train Hoplite without getting attacked for a short amount of time. It is suggested that a Garrison should be close to the Acropolis since training Hoplite would be quicker than usual.
- Hoplites were greek military units. Historically, north european and asian nations didn't have hoplites.
- Hoplites were free citizens wealthy enough to afford their weapons and armor (about a third of the able-bodied adult male population). They weren't professional soldiers, but militia.
- Hoplites became famous in military history due to their victories against the Persian empire, particularly at the battle of the Thermopylae.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|