“These raiders go straight for the enemy's resources, and deal 4x damage against them.”
General Information[edit | edit source]
- Horse Raiders are good against resource buildings; doing up to 400% more damage,
- Horse Raiders would attack the closest resource building but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back.
- Horse Raiders are weak against defensive buildings.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
Horse-mounted raiders have always been a part of warfare. For example, the Mongols developed raiding tactics early in their history. Armed with recurved short bows, these steppe raiders would rush in towards their foes, fire off an eerily-accurate volley of arrows from horseback, and then retreat before the enemy could respond. Using these tactics the Mongols crushed all enemies before them, from China to Eastern Europe.Parthia crushed Roman General Crassus with such horsemen at Carrhae.
Visuals[edit | edit source]
Attacking Strategies[edit | edit source]
- If a base has full resource producers such as the Farm or Caravan, use Horse Raiders against them so you can reap all of its resources.
- If resource storage buildings such as the Mill or Market has a lot of loot, try bring in an army composition of Horse Raiders and recall them to destroy them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Horse domestication started during the Bronze Age and bridles were invented after that. Evidence of bit wear appears on the teeth of horses excavated at the archaeology sites of the Botai culture in northern Kazakhstan, dated 3500–3000 BC(E).
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|