“These siege units fire shots from a distance, dealing good damage to enemy buildings. They're completely defenseless against enemy troops though, so escort them with archers and other troops.”
The Ordnance QF 25-pounder Howitzer is a level 5 standard Ranged Siege unit unlocked in the Global Age. Its predecessor is the Artillery and can be upgraded to the Field Howitzer. It is researched in the level 9 armory.
- Howitzers can do efficient damage on buildings from a distance. They attack the building that is closest to them.
- Howitzers only targets buildings, not enemy troops, making them vulnerable and defenseless.
Historical Description Edit
The 25-pounder was the main field artillery weapon used by British Commonwealth during the Second World War. Field artillery regiments had two batteries of 25-pounders and one of 5.5 inch guns.
- Chivalry is a Level 2 Technology increases Ranged Siege attack by 10%.
- Ballistics is a Level 3 Technology decreases Siege troop space by 1 and increases attack speed by 10%.
- Leonardo da Vinci 30% increase attack and Hitpoints on University
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Since Howitzers are defenseless against enemy troops, use troops such as Ranged Infantry to defend them.
- Use Heavy Infantry and Heavy Cavalry to help cover the Howitzer from defensive buildings.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Howitzers are efficient alliance troops that can help defend City Centers. Their high damage can take out Generals and other strong units such as Heavy Cavalry. Howitzers can also take a large amount of infantry if they are clumped together. Howitzers are also ranged so they can shoot over walls against enemy troops without being attacked by melee/low ranged units such as Heavy Infantry. This makes Howitzers the number one donated war troop for defense.
- Use the Angkor Wat to heal them as they attack enemy troops. That way, they can last longer as they are being attacked.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|