“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your troops do the damage. These unique French units have more hitpoints.”
Hussar is a level 5 French unique Heavy Cavalry unlocked in Enlightenment Age. Its predecessor is Guard Chevalier and can be upgraded to Saint-Chamond Tank. It's researched in level 7 Armory. It is the French version of Cuirassier.
General Information Edit
- Hussar is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
- Due to the French's nation power of troops trained quicker; the chevalier can be trained in 2 minutes and 48 seconds which is 42 seconds earlier than standard heavy cavalry (3 minutes and 30 seconds).
- It is one of the strongest units in the game; as well as the strongest heavy cavalry.
- It has more damage than standard heavy cavalry and can minimize casualties.
- As a French unique unit, it can inflict more damage and has more health than standard Heavy Cavalry.
Historical Description Edit
By the 18th century muskets were rendering heavy armor all but useless, and 'Hussar' came to be applied to cavalry armed with sword and lance. Hussars were known to be gallant and impetuous. Napoleon said that he'd be surprised to see a Hussar to live beyond the age of thirty because of their recklessness in battle. They are also credited with the invention of 'sabrage' - the art of opening a champagne bottle with a saber.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Hussar has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Hussar is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Hussar and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Hussar units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Hussar would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Hussar will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Hussar is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Hussar units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- Hussars were created in the 15th century.
- In DomiNations, hussars are French heavy cavalry. If applied to real-life history however, hussars are actually meant to be light cavalry instead. Hussars are not only used by the French but mainly with other European kingdoms, such as the United Kingdom, Prussia, German states, Russia, Sweden, etc. in the early 19th century. One of the most famous typed of hussars is the winged hussar; which is Polish.
- Hussars hold a variety of weapons and not just a sabre and a lance; such as rifles and pistols.
- Although these units are called "Hussars", they resemble cuirassiers rather than hussars.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|