“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!”
Junker is a level 8 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Enlightenment Age. Its predecessor is the Heavy Landsknecht and can be upgraded to the Wehrmacht. It is researched in a level 7 Armory. It replaces the Fusilier.
General Information[edit source]
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
- As a German unique unit, The Junker have 20% more damage than standard Heavy Infantry.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
Junkers were the lesser sons of the Germanic nobility, who chose to go into military service mostly because they foolishly failed to be born first and therefore didn't get to inherit the lands and titles of their fathers. They sought to make their fortune the old-fashioned way: by stealing it from enemies. Because they are children of wealth, Junkers are equipped with the very best weaponry and armor available.
Visuals[edit | edit source]
The Junkers have a similar uniform to its predecessor, with only small differences and a musket
Attacking Strategies[edit | edit source]
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Junker is a lesser nobility title, meaning young nobleman or young lord.
- The term doesn't denote a military rank or a kind of troop.
- Historically, junkers weren't infantry soldiers, but officers and elite troops (like grenadiers) within an army, due to their noble birth and wealth.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|