“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage.”
General Information[edit source]
- Knight is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. After all the defences are gone it will behave like a heavy infantry troop. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
Historical Description[edit | edit source]
A Knight served his sovereign or feudal lord as a soldier on horseback. At the height of the Middle Ages, Knights ruled the battlefield. They wore the heaviest armor, rode powerful horses, and carried swords (or other melee weapons) and long, deadly lances. A company of knights at full charge was a terrifying spectacle, especially for the target. If the defenders held firm they could often drive away the attackers, but if they wavered or broke, they would be torn to pieces by the rampaging knights.
Visuals[edit | edit source]
The knight himself resembles the Pikeman, but instead he carries a long lance instead. His horse has a chess-board style blanket and has a little armour on it's head and breast.
Attacking Strategies[edit source]
- Knight has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Knight is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Knight and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Knight units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Knight would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Knight will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies[edit source]
- Knight is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Knight units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Knights would oftenly use swords on horseback or dismounted. Shown in the image above were a knights in several styles using a polearm weapon which is probably a spear. Knights with spears are really rare and they use lances (which is a type of spear) for jousting; which is a Medieval martial game.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|