“These heavily-armored units will attack defensive buildings, distracting them at close range while your other troops do the damage.”
General Information Edit
- Lancer is the armored front runners among all troops. Its default behavior is to seek and destroy defenses. With a large amount of hitpoints, it can endure more than any other troop of its age, as well as dealing a lot of damage before falling. However, its disadvantages are that it has low damage and can be killed easily by Ballista Towers, Cannon Towers or Anti-Tank Guns.
Historical Description Edit
Lancers were cavalry of the 17th-19th centuries, typically armed with a lance of perhaps 10 feet in length. At the Battle of Omdurman (1898), the 400-strong 21st Lancers routed 2,500 Mahdist infantry in what would be one of the last great cavalry charges in history.
Mediterranean: Like a spanish conquisterdores cavalry, feared by all the south american tribes. Gold armour, plume and shield.
North European:The age of the knight was drawing to a close, iron armour with gold symbols. Cataphract horse armour and large halberd.
Oriental: Exactly like a mongol horseman with large lance and gold and black armour.
Attacking Strategies Edit
- Lancer has a lot of health but is slow and has low attack power, so use it in groups.
- Lancer is weak against many defenses grouped together.
- When pushing for trophies, you would need to destroy the Town Center or City Center. In many bases, the town center would be in the center of the base. First, train up an army of Lancer and a Wall Breacher. When attacking, deploy your Wall Breacher and wait till it destroys the necessary walls. Then, deploy all your Lancer units in the areas which the City Center is more close to. If there are a few defenses blocking the way, destroy them. Then rally your units to destroy the Town Center or City Center.
- Lancer would ignore defensive troops and would pursue their targets which are defensive buildings. However, if a defensive troop attacks it, the Lancer will attack back until the defensive troop is killed; thus making it distracted. Try to use and deploy Ranged Infantry or Heavy Infantry after deploying the units to eliminate the defensive troops.
Defensive Strategies Edit
- Lancer is a good alliance troop due to its high health; making it longer to kill them.
- Lancer units are spawned by Stable or Tank Depot. With their high health, they are good to slow down the enemies advance.
- The Reinforcements technology in the Library spawns Main the units in the forest and they attack troops of the attacker.
- Although this unit is called "lancer", none of its versions actually carries a lance or a spear, but a halberd instead. Interestingly enough, Halberds are not a weapon that can be used on horseback.
- In European warfare, Lancers typically were light cavalry, not heavy cavalry. Although, there were examples of very heavily armored lancers, these were mostly abandoned during the middle ages. By contrast, Ottoman and Mughal forces did use very heavy lancers.
- By the time of the Gunpowder age (approx. 15th -17th Century) a heavily armored knight like this would have been obsolete.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|