“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique German soldiers deal more damage!”
Landsknecht is a level 6 German unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Medieval Age. Its predecessor is the Heavy Vandal and can be upgraded to the Heavy Landsknecht. It is researched in a level 5 Blacksmith. It replaces the Pikeman.
General Information Edit
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
- As a German unique unit, The Landsknecht have 20% more damage than standard Heavy Infantry.
Landsknecht were Germanic mercenary soldiers of the 15th and 16th centuries. In the 1500s an army of Landsknecht sacked Rome after their employer, the Holy Roman Empire, ran out of funds to pay them. (The lesson being: always pay the folks with the weapons).
Wears a helmet that covers their heads with a circular shield. They wear iron armor and have a beard which takes up most of the revealed face.
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
- Landsknecht would wear colorful armor and became a important fighting force in Europe in the Renaissance. They achieved being the universal mercenaries of Early-Modern Europe.
- The name Landsknecht roughly translates to "servant of the land" or "land knight."
- Historically, Landsknecht would use a variety of weapons, including firearms, but not the barbarian-looking battle axe they wield in the game.
- The helmet they use in game isn't historically accurate either.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Ages • Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Buildings • Chest • Coalitions • Event Troops • Great Leader Research • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Generals • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Nations • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|