“Well-armed and plentiful, these troops are effective at tearing down enemy buildings. These unique Roman soldiers have more health.”
Legion is a Level 4 Romans unique Heavy Infantry unit unlocked in the Iron Age. Its predecessor is the Soldier and can be upgraded to Heavy Legion. It is researched in a level 3 Blacksmith. It replaces the Hoplite.
General Information Edit
The standard Heavy Infantry's default A.I. or purpose is to destroy the closest building (excluding walls) but when attacked by an enemy troop; will fight back. They're excellent at taking down defensive Heavy Cavalry (noticeably on cavalry at an age lower than them) and are able to destroy buildings quickly. However, their disadvantages are that they have low health meaning that they can be killed very quickly. They can get destroyed easily by Splash Damage Structures such as Catapults or Mortars and Multiple Target Damage Structures such as Redoubt or Machine Gun. They are also weak against other Heavy Infantry (and even Ranged Infanty} spawned by the City Center, Garrisons, Ambush Traps etc.
- As a Roman unique unit, Legion has 25% more health than the standard Heavy Infantry they replace.
The Roman Legion is often thought to be the best infantry unit in world history. These conscripts were armed with spear and sword, and wore a helmet and breastplate. They carried large shields, generally oval or rectangular in shape. Legionaries fought with extraordinary discipline and ferocity. They marched the length and breadth of the known world, conquering Europe, Great Britain, North Africa, and a large chunk of Asia as well.
the legion soldier is holding a Pilum (javelin) and a Scutum (shield) he wears a brown armoured vest that covers his shirt and white pants.
- If these units are used in large groups and not in heavy fire; then they can be devastating and can destroy a base easily.
- Catapults or Mortars, with their splash damage, are devastating against these units and can kill a group of them in a few hits if in the range of the impact. Spread the units around so that the mortar would have to hit each infantry to kill it and that its impact would not affect other infantry as well or deploy a few Heavy Cavalry to destroy it.
- Redoubts or Machine Guns (Building) can likewise be devastating against these units, if it is not dealt with appropriately. Keep the units away from it until it is destroyed or position them to destroy it quickly.
- Missile Silo can elemininate a group of these units quickly. Don't group them together so much that will attract the Silo attacks. Or deploy them after the Silo is destroyed, sabotaged or distracted by other units with high HP.
- Use Ranged Infantry to support them, so they don't perish easily.
- They can be used as a distraction for many defenses and can help protect ranged infantry such as riflemen from heavy fire from defenses.
- A group of them can easily overwhelm single target defensive towers but are vulnerable against Machine Gun (Building).
The word 'legion' roughly translates as 'levy', being the men taken from their farms in order to fight. In the Republic, before Marius' reforms, the Roman army was divided by class, with the richest men having the best equipment.
|DomiNations Wiki Navigation|
|Alliances • Artifacts • Blessings • Chest • Coalitions • Great Leaders • Events • Gameplay Mechanics • Leagues • Mercenaries • Multiplayer • Resources • Single Player Campaigns • Tactics • Technology • Troops • Troop Tactics • Wildlife • World War • Fan Contributions|